cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0.4.3 New Issue: Direct Mode White Window

Anonymous
Not applicable
With DirectX9Ex in our custom engine, I was having no issues doing the following with 0.4.2:
1) Call ovr_Initialize()
2) Initialize DirectX9Ex and create window
3) Render game normally in my window (non-oculus)
4) When user requests to enter "Oculus mode," call ovrHmd_Create(), ovrHmd_AttachToWindow(), etc

Now, with 0.4.3, after step 2, nothing renders to my window. It is pure white, and if I resize the window (which causes a device reset), new window areas are black and the original window area remains white.

This only occurs if I have Oculus in Direct Mode. In Extended Mode, my window renders fine.

My specs:
CPU: i7
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 650
Driver: 344.11

Any ideas? This is a very bad regression and makes 0.4.3 unusable for me.
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since posting I've tried two things:
1) Reverted my codebase back to 0.4.2, while keeping the 0.4.3 runtime installed. This did not help, so it appears to be an issue with the runtime itself, and not with the SDK.
2) Updated my NVIDIA drivers to latest (344.48). This also did not help.

fielke
Honored Guest
I just got my DK2, and I'm having the same problem.
Extended mode works fine, direct mode goes to a white screen with some demos/games.
It's weird that some demos work fine in direct like Sightline The Chair, but Ocean Rift gives me the white screen...

dccfoux
Honored Guest
I have been having the same issue and it is bothering me a lot.
Anyone have any fixes yet?

cybereality
Grand Champion
@dccfoux: Can you list your OS, GPU, and video driver versions? Also, which games does it happen on?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV