cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.10 broke Elite Dangerous

firebane
Protege
Since 1.10 there is now a flashing, banding, warbling effect going on in Elite Dangerous.  I have a 1070 and even on low settings the effect is still present.  In 1.09 I could play the game on High with no issues.

There's a thread on the elite forums about this.  There doesn't seem to be anyone on 1.10 posting that doesn't have the issue.

Not sure if it's Oculus or Frontier's issue to fix.
23 REPLIES 23

FrontierSupport
Adventurer
Hi guys,

If any of you have the Elite Dangerous beta enabled on your accounts you should now be able to see some improvement to this colour banding problem as of the beta update yesterday 🙂

-CMDR Vanguard

nrosko
Superstar
unfortunately no way to opt in to beta, but happy to wait. Interested to know was this difficult to fix? Was it a matter of just adjusting gamma. I ask only because so many games suffer from this problem.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

If any of you have the Elite Dangerous beta enabled on your accounts you should now be able to see some improvement to this colour banding problem as of the beta update yesterday 🙂

-CMDR Vanguard

Thanks for the work. Hope the release come out of beta soon, but nice news.

mazpri
Explorer
Hi CMDR Vanguard
there was a gamma settings patch discussed in your official forum for CV1. That one helped a lot on my end. CU.