cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.3.2 and usb 3.0 issues

korgen63
Protege
Hi, Before the last oculus update, the application indicated usb 3.0 for my camera with updated usb drivers
and since I updated Oculus Software to 1.3.2 version it's said my dk2 camera is plugged on a usb 2.0 port.
Both headset and camera are plugged in an Inateck KTU3FR-502U, supposed to be compatible with my future CV1.
I've got the same problem on win 7 AND win 10.
7 REPLIES 7

korgen63
Protege
Nobody has a solution?

korgen63
Protege
up

Anonymous
Not applicable
have you tried re-installing the USB3 port drivers?

Anonymous
Not applicable
You may want to check the Bios settings for USB configuration and xHCI support (USB3.0).

korgen63
Protege
I don't think there's a problem with the drivers or in the bios because the headset and the camera are plugged in the same controler card.
The weird point is: oculus home detects the dk2 on usb3 and the camera on usb2. This issue is present on windows 7 and 10.
Before 1.3.2 update, they were both detected on usb3.

FX2K
Heroic Explorer
For me, plugged into the Inateck port, as recommended on here.. I get the DK2 as USB 3.0 with a warning and the sensor showing as USB 2.0.

If I plug it into an unsupported USB 3.0 slot from my MB (ASMedia) then USB 3.0 shows as working fine (no warning) but the sensor still shows as USB 2.0

I don't recall what happened with previous versions (usb 2/3) but I do know one of the updates forced me to change usb slot I was originally using when 1.3 first came out because the DK2 would no longer turn on, so clearly something changed in the software.

Since I now checked (because of this thread) I now I have to figure out why the supposedly supported Inateck card is throwing an error.. "Your headset is plugged in correctly, if you encounter tracking issues updating your driver (Fresco Logic) may improve performance"   hmmm I could swear it is the most recent driver.. hmmm.

Edit: Seems windows changed the Fresco Logic driver back to MS one.. but it still shows sensor as usb 2.0, the rift doesnt show any USB 2 or 3, but says its connected ok.
CV1: Ordered 6th Jan 2016 - Est Delivery Some time in May... DK2: Ordered: 8th of Aug 2014 - Delivered: 14 Oct 2014

Anonymous
Not applicable
same here, says its usb20 with every port i try even tough windows tells me its usb30 ports, just igonre, tracking works flawless even with the warning..