cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

128GB Oculus cannot use more than 64GB

TheBubbles2
Honored Guest

My 128GB Quest 2 shows a weird behaviour with regard to its storage memory: I used only 32GB, yet it displays memory as 50% used. Also I cannot upload more than 64GB, the system claiming memory full. So basically I can use only 64GB out of 128GB right now.

Weird. I did not notice if this was from the start or not, since nobody would check that without being out of memory for some unknown reason.

Anybody else experiencing this? How to fix? Firmware issue?

Here is a screen of my UI showing 50% usage of 128GB with approx 32GB of data only.

com.oculus.shellenv-20220202-160813.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Bubbles!

We can't have you running out of space like that! In order to deal with some storage dilemmas we have a couple troubleshooting methods that have proven to be beneficial.

• Hard reboot the headset. This will require you to hold the power button on your headset for 30 seconds, while the headset is turned on

As well, If the hard reboot does not work, we recommend performing a factory reset. A factory reset will wipe you device of any and all saved data. However, you can back the data up using our Oculus Cloud Backup. If you are willing to perform the the factory reset, the steps are as follows:

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.
  4. Tap Advanced Settings.
  5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If you are still having some issues after attempting the above, please do contact us by submitting a support ticket here: https://ocul.us/2I8wqDu

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TheBubbles2
Honored Guest

My 128GB Quest 2 shows a weird behaviour with regard to its Storage memory: I used only 32GB, yet it displays memory as 50% used. Also I cannot upload more than 64GB, the system claiming memory full. So basically I can use only 64GB out of 128 right now.

Weird. I did not notice if this was from the start or not, since nobody would check that without being out of memory for some unknown reason 😑 🤔

Anybody else experiencing this? How to fix? Firmware issue?

32GB used != 50% of 128 !!!32GB used != 50% of 128 !!!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Bubbles!

We can't have you running out of space like that! In order to deal with some storage dilemmas we have a couple troubleshooting methods that have proven to be beneficial.

• Hard reboot the headset. This will require you to hold the power button on your headset for 30 seconds, while the headset is turned on

As well, If the hard reboot does not work, we recommend performing a factory reset. A factory reset will wipe you device of any and all saved data. However, you can back the data up using our Oculus Cloud Backup. If you are willing to perform the the factory reset, the steps are as follows:

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

1. Open the Oculus app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.
  4. Tap Advanced Settings.
  5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If you are still having some issues after attempting the above, please do contact us by submitting a support ticket here: https://ocul.us/2I8wqDu

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

TheBubbles2
Honored Guest

Hard reboot did not help but factory reset did the trick. Somewhat annyoing but I guess it is better than saying goodbye to half of your storage capacity...

romex1924
Honored Guest

Hi,
I am having same issue...only seeing 64GB instead of 128GB of storage.
i tried "HARD BOOT" "FACTORY RESET" on phone and on headset...still same issue.
is there anything else i can do?
is Anyone else having this same issue?
thanks

Heya @romex1924. We understand how only being able to use half of your storage is causing you some trouble. Not to worry, we'll do everything we can to fix this for you. We appreciate you trying the steps we've provided to try and solve this issue. 

We believe that because those steps didn't seem to do the trick, opening a support request on our support website would be the best course of action for you to do. There you'll get connected with one of our amazing agents, who will be more than happy to look into what options we have for you. We look forward to assisting you there and getting you back on the right track.