cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2FA

Supra4U
Explorer

I have an oculus account that has 2fa but I have a new phone number . I cannot get into my headset . I have sent numerous emails to oculus support , over three weeks now and no response. My Facebook account has the new number and cannot get in with that .  Any hope out there or should I flood Reddit and this forum with negative reviews? 

28 REPLIES 28

Still no response from facebook. It will be two months coming up without any help resetting my new phone number to receive the sms code for two factor authentication. I have two devices with hundreds of dollars in games from oculus any much more from steam. I will start to put more tickets in, I have over 25 in now. I was told that too many may prolong things, well I waited a few weeks after the first ticket and that still got no response so I’m thinking that is nothing but bull. I am at the end of the rope here and will hit the reddit circuit soon with this complaint. I basically had my money stolen by Facebook and Oculus and I am beyond pissed.

Supra4U
Explorer

Still no reply , almost two months without being able to use my oculus devices. The 2fa code goes to my old phone number. I need oculus to change my phone number to get the sms code. Over 25 support tickets with no meaningful response. I think ticket number 23 someone on this forum stated Facebook would look at it, that was 3 weeks ago. I will keep posting updates , hopefully nobody else actually needs support to get their oculus device or devices working because I am going on two months without help. 

Supra4U
Explorer

Still no reply after two months of trying , about 30 support tickets . I have two devices and hundreds of dollars in games. Buyer beware if you may need help with your device. 

Supra4U
Explorer

Still no response. Being nice did nothing, after a month and a half without a response brought out the disgust. I have hundreds of dollars in games from oculus and hundreds more from steam link. What an embarrassment for Zuck, not that he cares. I have no where else to turn, obviously the support team is not there for customers. As I have stayed Facebook has my correct phone number, the oculus phone number needs to be changed so I can receive the sms code for 2fa.  Please search 2fa and two factor authentication to verify how long I have been trying to get help . I have two useless devices .

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Supra4U, I replied to your DM too, so we can just keep our conversation there if you'd like, in case I need to get any extra/private information.

I've checked in on your case and made sure it's in the right hands. They'll be in touch as soon as there's more to share or if they need anything further from you. For the sake of keeping the community clean, I've gone through and merged most of your other threads here, and deleted a few duplicates. 

It's always best to keep the conversation in one place, otherwise the information needed to help may be spread out or missed entirely.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

Awesome thanks. I tried polite way and really didn’t want to bombard the forum with negative remarks , I figured the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I will stop sending in tickets so it doesn’t make matters worse. Thanks 

Supra4U
Explorer

Still nothing from facebook on changing my old phone number out for the 2fa. I was wondering if I can just log into  my oculus devices under this user account so my son can just play Monkey tag ? When or if Facebook does change my primary account phone number to the new number so I can receive the sms code, can I just switch back to that account to see all my purchased games ? Thanks

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

I just checked in on the ticket for you and it's pending with the correct team, just waiting for them to have a chance to get to it. I'll let you know as soon as I hear any more on that front!

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

I thank you for reaching out to Facebook , hopefully after a few months of two bricked oculus devices it will be soon. If this issue is not rectified soon could I log in with a different account and just play the free games available? Thanks 

Supra4U
Explorer

Still not resolved by Facebook as of August 1st 2021. 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?