cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Live Video Stream in Oculus Quest 2

sempreoculus
Honored Guest

I have Insta 360 Camera and Oculus Quest2 and would like to live stream the 360 video directly into Oculus Quest 2 (please note this is live RTMP feed not from Facebook or Youtube but my own Video server)....Is there an App in Oculus that supports live Video Stream straight into headset with Live 360 View.... Is there any Oculus headset that supports that... Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm interested in this! I'd like to put a 360 camera on the top of the mast of a sailing boat and use the headset to give me a full 360 degree view of the surroundings...

GaloMeta
Honored Guest

Me too, let me know if there something and/or a alternative. thks 

RoastPork
Retired Support

I'd love to see someone with knowledge on streaming and filming with 360 cameras drop some tips in here so y'all can accomplish this cool idea.

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

krisoft.media
Honored Guest

I have Insta360 and I would love to connect this camera to my Quest2 VR. It just should work! VR world not working with 360 cam is not good world. It must be a way to do that. I will be posting here if I find something. 

DamoLabonski
Honored Guest

I had a play around with this when the Quest 2 was first released. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be any easy way of doing it. Nonetheless, I did have success using two methods. The first was by using a custom web page with a webRTC player embedded, nginx, and Unreal Media Server. Unfortunately, it was limited to h264 (quest2 browser) so 8K live streams were limited by having to use a low bitrate. Nonetheless, latency was about 1s and we could also view on any device with a browser.

The second method was to pick up the rtsp stream via my desktop pc using an old piece of software called GoProVRPlayer. You can then simply use Quest/Air link.

It would have been so much easier if a developer just made an app that plays some common live stream formats such as rtsp, rtmp or webRTC feeds.

BTW, VLC media player might also work if the 360 video has the correct header info. Unfortunately, my rtsp feed from a Qoocam8K Enterprise did not, and VLC did not recognise the stream as a VR stream and just flattened each frame.

I'd also be interested to know if there is a better way of doing this now.