cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

57493-Public TCID:158609 is not responding

adamdk2
Level 3
Hi

I get a white screen on the DK2 and get this error when turning on the DK2 in extended mode with the latest runtime. Any ideas ?

error.jpg

Seems i'm not the only one:

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments ... rk_for_me/

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comment ... untime_06/

http://riftdev.com/oculus-runtime-6-doe ... rk-for-me/
Win 7 64bit SP1 | Z77A-G43 | i5 3570k OC to 4.4 | 8gb 2133 RAM | 970 GTX | Intel 240gb SSD | Fanatec CSR | Fanatec CSR Pedals | Oculus Rift DK2
87 REPLIES 87

Lewnatic
Level 2
Hello guys.

Same problem for me. Im using a Schenker XMG C703 Notebook with ah Geforce GTX and an interne Intel Graphiccard,getting the same error all the time. Which is very annoying since i want to go to gamescom and want to show selfmade demos to people there.

But it seem like i found a solution for this problem which at least works with most demos(expect my own. 😞 )


1. Set Rift Displaymode to Extend
http://s14.postimg.org/bgxgkat69/Rift_Mode.png

2. Go to the NVidia System tray to multiple display view. here you have to select the primary Display and clone it with the Rift display. Just right click on it.
http://s21.postimg.org/3kgu32o07/Rift_Mode_Clone.png

(Sorry for the german screenshots)
Hope this will help some of you.
Still hope the occulus devs will fix it so it will work for all.

Cheers

cybereality
Level 16
@naz: I don't see any errors in the server log, and your machine specs look pretty good. I do see that the headset keeping getting opened and closed, leading me to believe there is some sort of detection or connection problem. One source of this could be a bad cable. Can you try replacing all the cables and see if that helps?

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters%C2% ... 00HNF0OS8/
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High ... 003L1ZYYW/
http://www.amazon.com/Steren-12-2-5mm-M ... B00291RLLO
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

naz
Level 2
I don't have those extra cables and I am unlikely to go looking for them mate. Sorry, but I fail to see how it could possibly be faulty cables given the Rift works perfectly fine in both modes with the older runtimes and works perfectly fine in 0.6.0.1 Direct mode (as mentioned previously). If the cables are faulty surely this would not be the case? Surely it is something in 0.6.0.1 that is conflicting with my and several others' systems.

The repeated opening and closing of the headset is a result (it seems likely) of the continued error messages... That is;

The screen turns on, the hourglass(circle) appears, then the (64681-Public TCID:184145 is not responding error) message appears and and the task bar says the rift is not connected ... then the desktop appears again (and the task bar message saying the rift is not connected disappears ...

then the screen flashes and then The hourglass(circle) appears, then the (64681-Public TCID:184145 is not responding error) message appears and and the task bar says the rift is not connected ... then the desktop appears again (and the task bar message saying the rift is not connected disappears ... then the screen flashes and then ...

etc.

There is a shop nearby to my house that might sell these spare cables however so I'll have a look on the weekend, but I really think it is a red herring to be honest mate.

🙂

naz
Level 2
Ok, I was able to finish work a little early today so I popped in to the shop on my way home and bought replacement cables as requested. I was pretty much stuck with what was in stock so it cost me over $75 Australian Dollars (no one can say I haven't done my part to help solve this issue ! :lol: )

Unfortunately, and as I fully expected, it was not successful. The issue persists in exactly the same manner. DK2 works fine in Direct mode only with 0.6.0.1 whilst failing in Extended mode ... and the Rift works perfectly well in both modes in the earlier 0.5 drivers,

At the risk of continually repeating myself, it has to be something to do with the 0.6.0.1 Runtimes and extended mode to my admittedly layman's eyes.

Thanks again for your replies and I'm looking forward to any more ideas and hopefully some good news.

Cheers
🙂

jzer0
Level 2
Hi All,

This has something to do with the latest nvidia drivers. This problem no longer happens when dropping back to 350.12. With this version the crash no longer occurs with the 0.6.0.1 runtime.

naz
Level 2
"jzer0" wrote:
Hi All,

This has something to do with the latest nvidia drivers. This problem no longer happens when dropping back to 350.12. With this version the crash no longer occurs with the 0.6.0.1 runtime.



Thanks mate, but that did not help me unfortunately. I am running a 980Ti and my card is not supported by those old drivers. I tried installing them but got an error message to that effect. I read the release notes for those drivers and they do not mention the 980Ti. The newer drivers do specifically refer to the 980Ti in the supported hardware section.

Thanks again for the information however as if that cured the issue for a non 980Ti it at least might point the Oculus devs towards finding something else to help me (and others having the problem).

Cheers!

Lewnatic
Level 2
"Lewnatic" wrote:
Hello guys.

Same problem for me. Im using a Schenker XMG C703 Notebook with ah Geforce GTX and an interne Intel Graphiccard,getting the same error all the time. Which is very annoying since i want to go to gamescom and want to show selfmade demos to people there.

But it seem like i found a solution for this problem which at least works with most demos(expect my own. 😞 )


1. Set Rift Displaymode to Extend
http://s14.postimg.org/bgxgkat69/Rift_Mode.png

2. Go to the NVidia System tray to multiple display view. here you have to select the primary Display and clone it with the Rift display. Just right click on it.
http://s21.postimg.org/3kgu32o07/Rift_Mode_Clone.png

(Sorry for the german screenshots)
Hope this will help some of you.
Still hope the occulus devs will fix it so it will work for all.

Cheers


Anyone tried my solution? =D

cybereality
Level 16
From what I've been told, this error should be mostly solved in the upcoming software update.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

naz
Level 2
@Lewnatic

Yes, sorry I should have mentioned I did try your suggestion. Whilst it did stop the crashes and error messages, it also did not allow me to actually play the games I tried. When the application tried to kick in to the 3d virtual world, it would simply fail and take me back to the game menu... so no good for my system at least mate, but thanks for the suggestion.

@Cyberreality.

That's good news mate, thank you very much. Looking forward to the release and fingers crossed it works! Appreciate the info.
🙂

Danzing0
Level 2
"cybereality" wrote:
From what I've been told, this error should be mostly solved in the upcoming software update.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If I may ask, when can we expect to see this update?