cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions regarding minimum requirements and the positional tracking camera

Oldmanwoofa
Honored Guest

First question. The minimum requirements state that for an AMD based system the minimum CPU is an FX-4*** running at 3.7 Ghz. My current CPU is an A10-7870k running at 3.9 Ghz, but the setup utility says it doesn't meet the minimum requirements. Does anyone know why that is?

Second question. It took a while to get the positional tracking camera to show up in my device manager, but it doesn't appear to be working, how can I check that?

5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
The setup checks for a list of known compatible hardware. Sometimes there are other chips that aren't on the list that can work OK but may not be the optimum experience.

You can try plugging the sensor into a different USB port. USB 2.0 tend to be more compatible.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Oldmanwoofa
Honored Guest
@cybereality that's odd that USB 2.0 is more compatible with something listed as needed USB 3.0. Thanks. I'll do some port juggling.

cybereality
Grand Champion
It's because USB 3.0 can provide the optimum experience, but there are some USB controllers that don't work as well with the Oculus sensors.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Oldmanwoofa
Honored Guest
@cybereality Sorry for the late reply I have been at a game jam. I switched the HMD and the positional camera to USB 2.0 and the HMD is, as far as I can tell, still not in the device manager, and the positional tracker still does not seem to be working even though it is in the device manager.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Might be best to submit a support ticket.
https://support.oculus.com/