cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD Radeon rx 480 driver updates not detected - oculus home says I still need to update

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got on Oculus Home, and it said "Please upgrade to driver v17.11.2". I upgraded my AMD radeon drivers to the latest version, which was version 18.something. I restarted Oculus, and I got the same message again. Then, I tried to download that specific update, but it won't work on my computer, according to the error message the installer gives me.
13 REPLIES 13

holdenzholley
Explorer

Try using DDU safe mode uninstall and then installing latest graphics drivers fresh. That can help.

Cyber, thanks for the reply. I had indeed tried this, but to no avail. I saw it worked for people on the forums, but I got nowhere with it. However, I have an update: I was able to get a legitimate Windows 10 upgrade to my previous 8.1, but same issues still occur. Will that help my situation any? I'm going to attempt to reinstall fresh the amd driver via ddu, and then reinstall oculus app, and see. Will update soon.

Update: Installing Windows 10, updating latest AMD driver, and reboot allowed me to continue with oculus setup. Though I hate having to do that, and there should be a fix for older windows version, I no longer have the issue and paid $0 to fix it. If you have a valid windows 8.1 or 7 license, you can still upgrade for free. However, for those of us who still like the older SUPPORTED versions of Windows, Oculus should have its own fix. Will continue to monitor this post. Best of luck, mates!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Glad to hear you got it working.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

mmartinn1234
Honored Guest
tengo el mismo problema, no puedo instalar los driver de rx 480. se mee rompre el Windows o los drivers no se instalan, ya le pase DDU y actualize y cambie 3 Windows 10 diferentes pero no puedo instalar los adrenalin. y ovbio oculus me pide el driver nuevo de la placa de video pero no los puedo instalar, voy a tratar de seguir haciendo update al Windows. es una vergüenza que no se pueda usar el soft de oculus.. es ridículo!! arréglenlo!!

ab32rh23krjl
Honored Guest
Anyone can just give the Rift back to them. Since the promised functions are not available. I have never seen a company that tries to lie and is so lazy in solving a very easy problem.