cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Zephyrous G14 and Oculus Rift CV1

david_richardson
Explorer
Hi just got this laptop and thought this was VR ready even Nvidia gForce experience says it is.. I know its got better specs than my old desktop so I'm wondering why it run so poorly? It won't even run Medium. What sort of connections should I do? I can only seem to get it to work when I plug it into the HDMI port but I think I am meant to plug it with an adaptor on the USB-C. Help please! It just doesn't make any sense.
5 REPLIES 5

david_richardson
Explorer
Tried Steam VR performance Test... upgbd21v6uub.jpgT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Keep in mind a lot of these "test" are just check box test and not benchmark test. Thus games and software is going to be all over the place depending on your hardware. Base off what I seee - it looks you don't have an extra GPU and running off the APU? While the graphics are getting better every time - they're not close to what a dedicated GPU can do. I see some models sport a 2060 as well - so it makes me question if you have that version or if its not picking up on the 2060 part for whatever reason.

david_richardson
Explorer
yeah it has the rtx 2060 card on it.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Also check cpu speed, some mobile cpus are way slower than the desktop models. Mobile RTX 2060 is about 25% slower than the desktop model, but even the mobile 2060 should be fine for CV1.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

david_richardson
Explorer
When I got the Quest 2 I still have poor performance but this fixed it reddit.com/r/ZephyrusG14/comments/jhbkp6/how_i_got_oculus_quest_link_vr_to_work_properly/ Still has an issue where when I open up my desktops in vr I just get black screens