cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessibility options locked to admin account?

SleepyEyesSys
Honored Guest

My partner and i share an oculus quest. We have very different accessibility needs. She is disabled and unable to stand, so she needs the height adjust. I can stand, but i am color blind so i need the color correct. I made my own account bc it said each account could have its own settings so i thought it would be nice for one account to be accessible for her and the other for me. However, i was trying to set it up on my account (hers is admin) and it will not let me use the settings. They are there and i can toggle them, but they dont do anything. To test i tried on her account and it worked fine. I dont know if thats just the way it is but it seems…counterintuitive.

Edit: it also doesn’t allow me to use hand tracking on my account. None of the settings seem to work besides the like room you default in.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

We'd love to get this feedback in our Ideas forum! Keeping settings changes for separate accounts on the same headset throughout the system, as opposed to individual applications, would help bring greater UX friendliness to our VR family. You bring forward fantastic points regarding accessibility, and our engineers are always striving to better the Meta experience for everyone!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!