cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Sniper Elite stuck 'syncing,' cannot install/reinstall anything from library on Quest 2

silverfire32
Protege

So I've been playing Sniper Elite VR and last night after I closed it, it said 'syncing.' Okay. This morning, it still said that. Fast forward to afternoon today and it *still* said that. I wanted to play it some more, so I tried uninstalling it in order to reinstall to see if that fixed it. After uninstalling, it still had the 'syncing' message on it. So I rebooted. The 'syncing' message went away, but I could not reinstall it. I tried a couple times, then saw it start to go, but I accidentally hit 'cancel' (was repeatedly clicking in an attempt to get it started). After that, no attempt worked, even with trying to reset my connection to the store by turning wifi off and back on.

I switched to the mobile app to try to initiate an install that way. The button switched to 'install queued' for a moment, then went back to the blue 'install on Quest 2' button. Subsequent attempts just blinked quickly, then returned to the 'install' prompt. On a whim, I tried other apps that were currently not installed, and they all displayed the same behavior. 

I did another reboot of the headset and nothing changed. I forced the app closed on my phone and reopened it and nothing changed. 

I am currently stuck unable to install any app from my library (or, presumably, the store).

16 REPLIES 16

KOG85
Explorer

same problem with sniper elite, purchased game with nothing happening after pin code entry. I have no game but a receipt.

N8MX
Expert Protege

I started to download Sniper Elite last night (we have slow connection) . Went to try it out today and it was not installed after all, went to initiate the install again and it wont start. Turns out I cannot install anything anymore. We just went through months of trying to get app sharing working again after Oculus broke it with V29 firmware and of course Oculus support helped in no way shape or form. It ended up being the community to find a fix. Fast forward and now this happens and I cannot install anything. Oculus is screwing up big time ! 

silverfire32
Protege

From what I can see from other posts in this Support forum, it looks like an issue with the Oculus servers/store. They're going to need to fix things on their end; many people are unable to install/reinstall, their apps are all listed as "unknown sources," etc.

N8MX
Expert Protege

Oculus.jpg

colton.byrd.923
Honored Guest

Also having the same problem

RossFox
Honored Guest

Hi there folks,
First of all, really sorry that you're being blocked from playing the game as we of course want to get you sniping as soon as possible! We really appreciate any feedback, so thank you for feeding this back as it helps us get to the bottom of the issue.

This issue is something which we're investigating at Rebellion, but it's also confused because it mixes with a variety of Oculus reports which seem to be linked to the store. We're in the process of confirming it's definitely a store issue and not one which stems from the game though, so hopefully will be able to rectify this ASAP.

KOG85
Explorer

This is still happening. been lock out of the game for 3 of the 5 days I've had it.

PagentaMapaya
Honored Guest

Hey, I'm not sure if this problem has been occurring for anyone else with other games or whether a fix has been found, but I've been having the same "syncing" problem with Super Hot and FNAF. I played them fine before then suddenly the box came up as syncing? i tried to uninstall Super hot to see if it would fix it but now i am unable to reinstall the game. I have tried restarting the headset multiple times so any fixes that people have would be very welcomed. Thanks.

Yup same. A month later it's still not fixed. Wtf oculus