cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Sniper Elite stuck 'syncing,' cannot install/reinstall anything from library on Quest 2

silverfire32
Protege

So I've been playing Sniper Elite VR and last night after I closed it, it said 'syncing.' Okay. This morning, it still said that. Fast forward to afternoon today and it *still* said that. I wanted to play it some more, so I tried uninstalling it in order to reinstall to see if that fixed it. After uninstalling, it still had the 'syncing' message on it. So I rebooted. The 'syncing' message went away, but I could not reinstall it. I tried a couple times, then saw it start to go, but I accidentally hit 'cancel' (was repeatedly clicking in an attempt to get it started). After that, no attempt worked, even with trying to reset my connection to the store by turning wifi off and back on.

I switched to the mobile app to try to initiate an install that way. The button switched to 'install queued' for a moment, then went back to the blue 'install on Quest 2' button. Subsequent attempts just blinked quickly, then returned to the 'install' prompt. On a whim, I tried other apps that were currently not installed, and they all displayed the same behavior. 

I did another reboot of the headset and nothing changed. I forced the app closed on my phone and reopened it and nothing changed. 

I am currently stuck unable to install any app from my library (or, presumably, the store).

16 REPLIES 16

silverfire32
Protege

Hmm. It's been fixed for me since a couple days after my initial post. Not sure why some people are still experiencing it. Have either of you tried contacting Oculus Support?

Carvmanda
Explorer

I have 2 apps that are perpetually syncing.  Superhot has been syncing for 4 days and Elven Assassin has been syncing for 1 month.  I originally thought that it was an Elven Assassin problem, but now that Superhot is all tied up, I'm not so sure.  

Wonutt
Honored Guest

still a probem..

Discretion
Honored Guest

And still syncing. When do refunds go out?

EspireMike
Honored Guest

This is an issue for me, still, with another game. No matter if I uninstall, reinstall, reboot etc. I dont want to factory reset. The symptom: "SYNCING" icon remains stuck above the app's icon and I cannot launch the title. 

The workaround I have is to use an ADB command to launch the game. Enabling developer mode, installing adb and running this command: 

adb shell am start -n {gameName}.GameActivity

I hope it is resolved soon. This workaround is annoying. 

Mystic_Ervo
Honored Guest

After one year this is still a problem from what I see

It happened to me a few days ago, the game that we are developing appears in "syncing" and it is not removed, I cannot update the game to the latest development version and I need to work, we release the game in a month and a half I need an immediate solution 

PD: It's not a problem on our side, we have checked it several times, the origin of the issue must be Meta and its store

Hey there! We know how frustrating this can be, especially when you're trying to develop a cool new game. Let's get you over to our support for developers, you will find many more resources specifically for creators such as yourself. We hope this was helpful! Please reach out to us if you need additional help. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!