cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Link Black Screen On GTX 1050

NegatedMass
Honored Guest

Hi all, I'm posting because I'm having compatibility issues with my MSI & air link. As listed I am running it through GTX 1050 (which isn't supported, I know) and I was able to boot up Skyrim VR without lag once and never again. Now I have the classic issue of the black screen on virtual desktop with only the mouse on display (and I can control it). I have tried disabling my integrated graphics card as well as changing my app settings to "power saver". I've also tried changing it to performance after that didn't work just for the hell of it. Still no luck though, I don't know if maybe I'm just asking too much of the system. Would the hardwire link help at all? I get some game audio when it first boots but only a black screen. Sometimes it switches from the white home background to the game loading.backgroumd (with the auroras) but then gets stuck again. Just trying to see what else might help, thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

WolfGang087
Honored Guest

same, donno how to fix

@WolfGang087  I fixed this with my old Alienware 17r4 laptop by following the instructions on this link.  You need to restart your PC after changing these settings btw.  Hope this helps.

https://www.tweaking4all.com/forum/games-gaming/oculus-virtual-desktop-showing-black-screen-how-to-f...

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers