cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Link issues when PC is connected via Ethernet (Quest 2)

1111111aaaaa
Honored Guest

Hi all

I'm having trouble getting the Quest to talk to my PC when PC is connected to Ethernet. I can see the PC in the Air Link menu but if I hit 'pair' nothing ever happens. If my PC is on WiFi it works straight away, but this isn't my preference.

There is no network segregation or Firewalls in place, I land on the same subnet regardless of connection medium. The network profile on the PC is set to 'private' on both WiFi and Ethernet. I can ping the Quest from my PC and receive a reply. I've reset the Oculus Windows app, disabled and re-enabled Air Link and setup a separate network with only the Quest and the PC on it. Nothing I do has seemed to make any difference.

Any advice or assistance would be amazing, would really rather get this working than have to shell out money for a link cable or deal with having a wireless connection from the PC.

FWIW I am running on Windows 11.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! We see you're having trouble using Air Link with your PC. That's not the kind of experience we want you to have. We'll be happy guide you through this today!

Let's start with making sure your PC is set right.

• Have your PC connected to Router/Access Point via Ethernet cable
  • Headset should be connected to Wi-Fi via 5GHz band (AC or AX)
  • Router in the same room as the headset or in line-of-sight, and at least 1m off the ground
  • Non-mesh network configuration
  • Ensure that the network is setup correctly
  • Ensure both devices are connected to the same network

Has this happened before today? If so, have there been any changes like the following?

• Network Changes - Network name change, new password, new placement, new ethernet connected device, new device(s) joined, new router, new modem, new ISP, added extender
  • PC - New Hardware or Software, new placement, change to Wi-Fi/Ethernet
  • HMD - Dropped/Damaged, New Accessories, recent Factory Reset
  • Play Space - New play space, new items in play space, new appliances in home, new home

If any of the above apply, please remove/undo any recent changes that is within reason.

If the issue still persist, please reach back out for further assistance.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Psalkiewicz
Honored Guest

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. When my PC is connected directly to the router - Meta Quest 2 "sees" the pc but clicking "Pair" doesn't work. I connect the same computer to Wifi network and disable Ethernet controller and it starts to work. Firewall is off, network segment is exactly the same.

Did you manage to solve this problem?

I have exactly the same problem.

1. My PC has Ethernet connection which is connected directly to the router

2. Headset is connected to Wifi using WIFI6 / 5GHz connection

3. Router is in the same room

4. Only one access point, no mesh

5. Network is set up correctly

6. Both devices are on the same network

7. I can ping the headset from my PC

8. Ethernet connection is private network in Windows and Firewall disabled

9. I didn't change anything recently and it's a new headset - didn't work before

10. When I disable ethernet connection on the PC and connect via the WiFi it connects with no issues but Oculus complains that it is recommended to connect PC using Ethernet.

Hi @Psalkiewicz! Thanks for relaying all that info to us. We want to look into this further with you so please PM us and we'll work on your AirLink issues together. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!