cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Link no longer pairing to PC after using different network

Gold_Pie
Level 3

My Air Link connection worked perfectly for months until I had to go to a relative's house to catsit for them. While I was there I connected my PC and Quest 2 to their Wi-fi. Air Link still worked fine. Now that I'm back home, when I launch the Quest Link menu and select my PC, I can click Pair but after nothing happens until I get a message saying "AirLink connection lost". On the Quest Link menu list, the only thing it says under my PC is "Not connected". A month or so prior to this my mom had paused our router's connection to my headset by accident and I only just resolved it today.

I restarted my computer once and my headset multiple times, even going as far as to factory reset my headset. I connected to both my ethernet and my Wi-fi with private connections. I downloaded the most recent Oculus App software onto my computer and logged out of and logged back in to my account. I disconnected my Quest 2 and my old Rift S I no longer have from my Oculus App but cannot get the Quest 2 to connect. None of this has worked and I am at my wit's end here. It connected to my phone just fine, though.

I have an Xfinity router for both my Wi-fi and my ethernet. I'm pretty sure the connection issue is between my computer and my headset because when I open the command prompt (in administrator) and do arp -a, my headset's MAC address does not show up under either connection. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do from here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gold_Pie
Level 3

Alright, so I power cycled my router last night because my connection was choppy and tried to connect it today and it finally worked. I don't know if it was an update that fixed it or if power cycling my router was the solution, but the problem has been resolved.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Gold_Pie. We know you'd rather be playing than troubleshooting your Air link issues. Let's see what we can do to assist you.

Do you have the v.42 on the headset. If not we suggest you update the Quest 2 by leaving it on and plugging the headset into the charger to update. 

Air link on version 42 should now be in the settings menu.

Please make sure you are using the 5.0 channel or your network.

We hope this is handy. Let us know if you still need help. We are happy to help you.

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi! We're just following up with you to see if all is well or if you need further assistance. Do let us know!

Gold_Pie
Level 3

My headset has been plugged in for a few days and left on, and it seems to be updated to version 42.0.0.130.250.381640954. The runtime version a slightly different number if that helps. I have quest link and air link enabled. I however still cannot connect to my computer. I have ensured my network is indeed 5 gHz.

Hi @Gold_Pie,

Thank you for your efforts and for detailing them in Your Community so others can learn from your user experience! Let's get you a recipe for success!

We recommend performing the following steps to help both diagnose and repair your Air Link issues:

1. Are you trying to use Air Link while the headset is connected via Link Cable? Enable one method of connecting to your PC at a time in order to ensure your Quest 2 isn't confused.
  2. Perform a Repair on the Quest 2 PC App with your antivirus software and firewalls disabled.
  3. Double check that your phone, headset, and PC are all connected to the same network.
  4. Troubleshoot your Wi-Fi issues using RouteThis Helps and make sure to record Your Key.

If you're still not able to connect again using Air Link, reach back out here in a PM  with Your Key. You can also reach Your Meta Support Team by first choosing what method of contact works best for you!

ViroosTV
Level 2

I'm currently having the exact same problem, except for me, it was I connected my PC to my mobile hotspot while my wifi was down, and it hasn't worked since I switched it back.

Gold_Pie
Level 3

Alright, so I power cycled my router last night because my connection was choppy and tried to connect it today and it finally worked. I don't know if it was an update that fixed it or if power cycling my router was the solution, but the problem has been resolved.