cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Link

AddictiveJokes1
Protege

Hi all! I am using the Oculus Quest 2 and am trying to get Air Link to work. I have it on the PC App and the Quest. Whenever I connect to my PC, the Oculus app shows it has connected, but the Quest had 3 dots and then goes back to the home screen (normal Quest home screen). My PC (while the 3 dots are up) gets a notification about 2-4 times saying 'We can't find your headset.' I also get a notification saying, 'Oculus isn't working properly.' All in this time, the Oculus app still says the Quest is connected to the PC. What should I do? Also yes, the, 'We can't find your headset.' DOES happen while this is going on. Same for, 'Oculus Link has stopped working.'

51 REPLIES 51

Sumerset
Explorer

Switched from GTX 770 to GTX 1650 S - now it's working fine.

Scooby1966
Explorer

Just bought Quest 2. To test wired link, is the £80 cable needed or will a standard USB 3 one work? Anyone got it working and using dual screen?

This is so frustrating

Further to that, just noticed that on the PC software, devices page, the headset is shown as connected but the left/right touch are "off". On clicking "Launch" in the headset, this momentarily changes to left/right touch connected, plus the battery percentage of controllers & headset are shown, proving the link was established, some things happened before it hangs

A bit sheepishly, after assuming my graphics card had the latest, I checked and I was wrong. So, downloaded the latest from AMD and selected to only install drivers. After a couple of reboots and tinkering, it now works!

Caesar_Goodall
Honored Guest

Getting the same, launch crashes back to home. gtx 780 with latest drivers. regular link works fine albeit with the minimum spec's nag. virtual desktop works fine. so unless someone can spare a newer card not at scalper prices, guess I'm sticking with VD.

Pacomac
Honored Guest

I have the same issues with AirLink connecting to my laptop just fine but after hitting Launch I get the 3 animated dots for around 20s before returning back to Oculus home screen. I am running a RTX3070 on a Ryzen 5900HX CPU  (Asus Zephyrus Duo). All my software and drivers are up to date, and I have absolutely no issues with Virtual Desktop which works perfectly. I'm at a loss now having read countless testimonies of AirLink not working. Another worrying this is that when running the Oculus desktop software I get a blue banner telling me my hardware doesn't meet the required specification which must be some kind of joke.  Surely Oculus support the latest graphics cards which have been in circulation for months now?

avocadoverice
Honored Guest

Same issue for my Oculus Quest 2.

My graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT

My router: Google Wifi AC1200

No changes to OculusDebugTool

The key thing for me, to get airlink working again, was to turn off Windows Game mode… 

what do you mean by reboot? like restarting the q2?

also when you say your desktop was locked did you mean you didnt sign into your computer?

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?