cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air link and laptop with 2 GPUs

lafureur
Level 3

Hello,

I have a laptop with 2 graphics cards, a built-in radeon and an RTX 3070. And I am using the QUEST 2 headset

When I activate the AIR LINK, nothing happens.

When I deactivate the Radeon, AIR LINK works but with very very poor performance.

Why is Oculus not correctly recognizing my hardware ?

Need help !!!

2 REPLIES 2

ALP11A
Level 2

I also have quest 2 and plan to buy laptop legion 5 pro with RTX 3070. I read some say the GPU is not compatible, but I also read some comments say that it is due to dual GPU in the laptop, which you have to bypass the low GPU and switch it to RTX 3070. Please let me know if it works. Thanks.

lafureur
Level 3

I found the solution.

Basically the problem is that the Oculus PC application only recognizes the GPU in use, namely the secondary GPU. You have to force it to recognize the main GPU  :

I deactivate the secondary GPU, I restart my computer. I reactivate my secondary GPU. It is also necessary to add in graphic parameter (parameter> system> display> graphic parameter) all the OCULUS services (we find them in the installation folder. And we identify them, after launching the Oculus PC application, in the manager of task> process). Now the computer recognizes my main GPU as the one to use.