cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airlink being unplayable cause of this

Royalxx
Honored Guest

So i ran into this issue 2 months ago and didnt play oculus quest 2 since then , when i airlink to my pc as soon as i get in it starts to lag heavily i mean really heavy like 2-5 fps and then just freezes forever and i cant play VR cause of this issue

3 REPLIES 3

Bendit74
MVP
MVP

AirLink issues are hard to diagnose because they are often networking issues. You haven't posted enough information for anybody to get a clear picture of what you are using. Is your Quest on a dedicated 5Ghz channel? Are you running your wifi router in AP mode? How are things wired? Are all your devices on the same network? Are your 5Ghz channels clean or are they conflicting with your neighbors? Does your regular Link cable work? etc.

Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM - nVidia GTX 1070 Amp Edition 8GB GDDR5. Link Cable.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Royalxx! As Bendit74 stated, Airlink issues can be a pretty tough nut to crack and we would need more information for a better look. However, if you're having some performance issues we would suggest checking those settings with the steps below. 

Ensure the link graphics are set to default:

1. Open the Oculus app on your Computer.
  2. Click Devices on the left side of the app.
  3. Click Quest and Touch.
  4. Click Graphics Preferences.
  5. Click Reset to default.
  6. Click Save and Restart

Also, to confirm. Does the headset work when using Link via cable? As well as, have you made sure to meet our best practices for Air Link?

If so, has anything had an update recently? (Drivers, Windows 10, headset, etc.)

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Royalxx! Just checking in to see if the previous steps seemed to help out with your Air Link issues. If not, don't hesitate to reach back out. We'd be more than glad to help! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!