cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All of a sudden I need to put a pattern in

simond101
Honored Guest

Last night I went to get on my Oculus 2 and it wants me to put a pattern in, I never set anything up with a pattern. I'm completely locked out. I looked up some information and it said to go to my app on the phone and to go through a few things in order to reset it but it also asked for a pattern. Is there a way to reset my Oculus 2 so I don't have to use this pattern? Have I been hacked?. Looking for help Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. This does not sound right and we want to help figure this out to get you back in your Oculus. To remove the unlock pattern without having to use it, follow these steps:

1. Open the Oculus app and tap Devices.
  2. Select your headset then swipe down to Headset Settings.
  3. Tap Unlock Pattern then tap Remove Unlock Pattern.
  4. Enter your Oculus PIN and tap Submit.

If this does not solve the problem, please submit a ticket and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. This does not sound right and we want to help figure this out to get you back in your Oculus. To remove the unlock pattern without having to use it, follow these steps:

1. Open the Oculus app and tap Devices.
  2. Select your headset then swipe down to Headset Settings.
  3. Tap Unlock Pattern then tap Remove Unlock Pattern.
  4. Enter your Oculus PIN and tap Submit.

If this does not solve the problem, please submit a ticket and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MarksFarmFam
Honored Guest

Can I ask if you got this sorted? We had it happen suddenly today and now we are locked out. I can’t unlock , it’s not working. Any help appreciated

manuellevi
Honored Guest

Same thing happened to me. Placed my headset down yesterday, today I have pin?! I live by myself, what is going on here?!

rob.bird.9465
Honored Guest

I am having this issue to. However, the app won't recognize the headset and I can't view setting on the Oculus to make sure it's connected to the wifi because I have to enter a pin. Now what do I do?

The best way to go about fixing this is to factory reset your device. As long as your apps and games are backed up in the cloud, you are all set to go!

But why does this and similar issues keep happening to people?? This just happened to us last night. But it won't even pair with the phone so we are stuck doing a reset. What stops this from happening?

Exact same issue. Clearly Oculus doesn’t care to fix this issue been going on for months and no one is doing anything about it. BEYOND frustrating! Can I also add the app is VERY glitchy in iOS, so this blows!

WOW so you guys are screwing people accounts up and all you can say is factory reset it and lose all of your stuff? why are you all adding pattern locks to peoples quest that have never set one up to begin with?

phunkedup1
Honored Guest

Same issue, terrible customer support, just purchased, never set up a pattern, was never asked to.  Don't know, and can't access anything to see if it is cloud backed up.  So may loose all money spent on games.