cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aluminum foil fix for Oculus Controller that will not turn on

Miyokorei
Honored Guest

Hi all,

As some of you already know, sometimes a controller will just up and die and not turn back on when replacing batteries. In my case, it was the right hand controller for my Quest 2. It died while watching some videos. Thinking it was the battery, I popped a new one in and the it would not turn on. Brand new Energizer Maxx since I could not find my rechargeable at the time. After a lot of looking, I ran across this video for a fix using aluminum foil. I figured it was a last ditch attempt before putting in a support ticket.  Well it worked fantastically. All I can say is give it a shot if nothing else has worked so far. Thanks. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSu0aJmPBE0 

5 REPLIES 5

Chawkski01
Honored Guest

Yep, my right controller died, and I tried oculus support, and aluminum foil fixed it. Wish I saw this before contacting Oculus support, which they kept asking about left controller when it was the right. Thanks for the support.

dapperdan003
Honored Guest

Did not work for me. My right controller will not stop vibrating and disconnecting and reconnecting every 2 seconds. I tried the foil trico and nothing works. 

Hey there, @dapperdan003! We hate to hear that your controller is losing connection constantly. We know how having to deal with this can affect the overall VR experience, and we're happy to look into this with you!

• Have you checked to make sure that your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity are stable and do not have too many devices on them at the same time? 
  • Have you tried rebooting your controller?
    • Leave the battery out for about 30 seconds.
  • If you have already rebooted your controller, have you tried resetting your controllers?
    • Leave the battery out for about 10 minutes, and make sure that the compartment is cleaned with a microfiber cloth. After that time, place a new battery in the compartment.

Please let us know if this troubleshooting is able to assist with the issue!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Yes I have tried everything, even from taking the controller apart partially. I'm out of ideas and really need help getting it fixed.

Thank you for providing that information, @dapperdan003! Since the troubleshooting was not able to resolve this issue, we will need to look into this further through our support page. 

Once there, follow the prompts that best describe what you are experiencing until you see the button "This does not resolve my issue." Then you will be able to reach out to us via email, chat, WhatsApp, or a scheduled callback request

We look forward to hearing from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!