cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying spiky lag

Luminyae
Honored Guest

I tried using the wifi and a cable to be able to play games like beat saber and such on my PC but there are super annoying lag spikes. The kind that sorta freezes before everything (paquets) rushes out. When it lags and you turn your head, you can see the grey unloaded scene with squiggly lines.

I don't think it should be lagging since I'm using windows 10, 16 GB of ram and a Ryzen 7 2700X.

The refresh rate is already at 72Hz. I changed the render resolution to 2432x1216 from the default 3616x1840.

I tried the debugging tool and the problem persists. I tried changing deactivating the anti-aliasing and the high quality panel rendering in the lobby setting (Air link desktop lobby) but they can't even be unchecked. They are like fake options that can't be changed.

It seems occulus don't offer support either so I'm at a loss here.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Luminyae! Lagging can definitely take you out of the immersive VR experience, and that is not what we want for our users. We'd be more than happy to look into this issue further with you. Please gather your logs and submit them in a support ticket here. See the instructions below to gather your logs.

1. Please connect your Oculus device to your computer
  2. Find your Oculus installation directory (Generally this will be located at 'C:\Program Files\Oculus')
  3. Navigate to Support and then oculus-diagnostics
  4. Double-click OculusLogGatherer and wait for an executable to appear
  5. Select Get All Logs
  6. This will create a .zip file on your desktop. Please attach that zip file to your support ticket
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Luminyae! Lagging can definitely take you out of the immersive VR experience, and that is not what we want for our users. We'd be more than happy to look into this issue further with you. Please gather your logs and submit them in a support ticket here. See the instructions below to gather your logs.

1. Please connect your Oculus device to your computer
  2. Find your Oculus installation directory (Generally this will be located at 'C:\Program Files\Oculus')
  3. Navigate to Support and then oculus-diagnostics
  4. Double-click OculusLogGatherer and wait for an executable to appear
  5. Select Get All Logs
  6. This will create a .zip file on your desktop. Please attach that zip file to your support ticket
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Luminyae
Honored Guest

Thanks!

I did as told.

DavinWu
Honored Guest

Hello I have recently encountered a similar issue. May I know what is the solution to this?

ENTENDÍ WISINHA DRAWICHIÑA