cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else experiencing low audio volume while using Link on Quest 2?

Dysseus
Explorer

For some reason whenever I use Oculus Link on my quest 2 the volume seems to be really low, it seems to me that the max speaker volume on Link is about the half of the max speaker volume on standalone mode. I've already tried setting the Quest volume to the max and setting windows volume for all the devices to the max, reinstalling the audio drivers, checking the device volume in the Oculus app, reinstalling oculus software, checking my volume in games, factory reset the quest 2.This issue happens even if I use headphones conected to the Quest 2 while using link, the headphones max volume is around a half of the max volume I get while using headphones on the standalone mode.

I've tried using Virtual Desktop and the volume is fine, the issue only happens while using Oculus Link.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this issue, I would be really grateful if some of you could listen the max volume of a song in youtube on stand alone mode and play the same song over link and check if the volume is lower.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this issue, and if there's a fix or a workaround.

10 REPLIES 10

jwb1971
Explorer
I just set up my Link last night and also am having a volume issue. You're right, it sounds like the volume is halved. It's pretty annoying since the visuals have improved a lot (dedicated GPU and all that) while the audio takes a hit. As much as I love PC VR (well, LIKE is probably a better word since experiencing the freedom of Quest 2) it still has these issues that add to the overall friction. I hope there is a fix or something for this soon.

jwb1971
Explorer
One thing I did that might have helped was to disable "Hear Computer Audio in VR" under Devices/Quest 2 and Touch. Now the volume is a lot better. Let me know if that works for you.

Chazmeister
Rising Star
I'm getting this too. It's as if the audio volume is at 50% of what it normally is when using the link cable, even with all volume sliders, on the Quest 2, in game and on PC task bar set to 100%. I've also checked the sound settings and mixers to see if anything has been set low and it's all at 100%.

I'm using the Headphones (Oculus Virtual Audio Device) and it's set to 100%. For comparison the Headphones (Rift Audio) slider I use with my CV1, is set to 49% and is still way louder and clearer than the audio through the Quest 2 with link.

Personally I haven't found that going wireless through Virtual Desktop has made a difference, nor has having the "Hear Computer Audio in VR" enabled or disabled made any difference.

I know the Quest 2 is capable of much louder audio, as some of the native apps can be quite loud indeed, even requiring my having to reduce the volume.

I'm continuing to have a trawl through my audio settings to see if anything makes a difference, but otherwise I think I'll have to submit a support ticket for it.

mattlizana
Honored Guest

Did you ever find a fix for this?

ZiffxGames
Honored Guest

Did anyone find a fix to this? im experiencing this right now.. audio is fine with just the headset but with the link its super low

Hi everyone, we see there has been some issues with the audio inside of your Quest 2 headsets while using Oculus Link. We know how this can take you out of the immersive VR experience, and we want to help in every way we can. Here are some suggestions to correct this issue:

• Perform a clean uninstall and reinstall of the Oculus software on your PC.
  • Temporarily disable any audio management software, such as mixers or recording software.
  • Open the Headphone Properties of the Oculus Virtual Audio Device, in the Sound Control Panel. Then, under "Advanced" select "Enable audio enhancements", and click "Apply".
  • Once you have gone through all of the above steps, please reboot the PC. Then, test to see if you continue to encounter low audio while using the Oculus Virtual Audio device.

If you are still experiencing this low audio while connected via Link, please submit a support ticket. Our team will be happy to look into this deeper with you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Skyessence
Honored Guest

I had this issue and I was getting extremely frustrated! I found out that if you have decal on your Oculus that could be blocking the mic all of a sudden. 

This has nothing to do with Oculus Link or my computer. This is happening with the standalone headset and some plug-in headphones. I use mine to workout in Supernatural and the music volume is so low I don't even bother anymore. In videos I can't hear when people talk. My hearing is fine. Even without headphones it's low. I also have reset the volume to MAX numerous times and everytime I go back to volume it's set to around 50-60%. What gives? This thing is useless without decent volume.

Hey there, @avidhiker1967. We can definitely understand how this would impact your VR experience, we'd be more than happy to help out! For standalone audio issues like this, we'd recommend trying a factory reset to see if that would help. Here's the steps for performing a factory reset:

From the Headset:

• Power off the headset
  • Press and hold volume down & Power
  • This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection
  • Navigate to Factory Reset and press the Power button

The device should now begin the Factory Reset process. Let us know if this helps! If not, then we recommend reaching out to our support team here for some more in-depth assistance.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!