cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know how to bypass the Graphics card not supported screen so i can enable my oculus link?

masonthomasd_
Sightseer
Everytime i open up the app i get this screen that says your graphics card is not compatible with the rifts system software. Is there a way i can get past this screen and move on to setting up the oculus link with my Oculus quest 2 i paid a'lot of money for...0zovcxu1khec.png
27 REPLIES 27

masonthomasd_
Sightseer
i know its possible i just need to know how

PITTCANNA
Visionary

i know its possible i just need to know how

You can't bypass it period. I repeat you can't bypass.

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you could bypass it you would just get a black screen. The Rift software is what streams it to your Quest 2
If your card is not capable of doing this then its endgame.

kojack
MVP
MVP
It depends on why it thinks your graphics card isn't supported.
If it's a brand new card that Oculus doesn't recognise yet (like a new 3000 series geforce) then maybe something could be done (mainly wait until they add it).
If it's an Intel GPU, then that isn't Oculus compatible. It will never work.
If it's an AMD or Nvidia card that isn't on the supported Link list, then it doesn't have the required video encoding support or performance required for Link to function. Supported and unsupported list: https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

PITTCANNA
Visionary

kojack said:

It depends on why it thinks your graphics card isn't supported.
If it's a brand new card that Oculus doesn't recognise yet (like a new 3000 series geforce) then maybe something could be done (mainly wait until they add it).
If it's an Intel GPU, then that isn't Oculus compatible. It will never work.
If it's an AMD or Nvidia card that isn't on the supported Link list, then it doesn't have the required video encoding support or performance required for Link to function. Supported and unsupported list: https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/

Yeah but most users who get on here who have issues running blame oculus software and there developers for not knowing how to code, and they can do better a job.  When they have no idea how demanding vr is, most succumb to the marketing nonsense that a computer is labeled vr ready, or made for vr.  

And then you have people that never read the specs required and just don't understand.

They are not going to take the minutes to read the truth, but go down the rabbit hole of finding a non existent way to run there quest so badly it negates all the technology that went in to it.

ohgrant
Superstar
 Fair enough, but I doubt that's what's going on here with the OP. When I installed Oculus a few years back on a borderline system that both CPU and GPU were not supported, I was at least able to install the rift software and had to put up with the warning banners. 
 Of course it's all guess work without knowing what the OP's specs are. I suspect not enough to meet the system requirements to even install the software. https://support.oculus.com/248749509016567/?locale=en_US 
And with link having even higher requirements than rift, https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/?locale=en_US
 I strongly suspect the OP will have to pay good money for a GPU upgrade if possible or a more capable PC if not.  
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

PITTCANNA
Visionary

ohgrant said:

Fair enough, but I doubt that's what's going on here. When I installed Oculus a few years back on a borderline system that both CPU and GPU were not supported, I was at least able to install the rift software and had to put up with the warning banners. 
 Of course it's all guess work without knowing what the OP's specs are. I suspect not enough to meet the system requirements to even install the software. https://support.oculus.com/248749509016567/?locale=en_US 
And with link having even higher requirements than rift, https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/?locale=en_US
 I strongly suspect the OP will have to pay good money for a GPU upgrade if possible or a more capable PC if not.  

Whats going on here is that rather than struggle with optomization to run on setups that will never deliver the developers vision, is the software just puts a hard limit. 

What people don't realize it is insanely hard to optomize for lower spec pcs that are a good 2 generations behind the curve.  So the developers drawn a line in the sand.  Running at 4k for 90 fps is near impossible for cards that don't have the headroom.

PITTCANNA
Visionary
Also keep in mind developers love headroom to push the graphical power so rather than lock developers to lower spec experiences where they will get frustrated easy trying to deliver something as immersive as vr.  It is simple to set the specs better.

ohgrant
Superstar
  I don't know, if they can get games to look as good as they do on Quest and Quest 2 with just that dinky mobile chip. I suspect it is possible to run VR on much more capable but not currently supported PCVR hardware. Possibly some automatic scaling back of effects and resolution determined by the system specs. 
  Probably wouldn't be good for the future of Quality VR content but there are a lot of Quests out there now and many people that want to experience PCVR.
 With Oculus touting the Quest as their only available PCVR device I think they may have got themselves into a position where they almost have to make their PCVR more accessible to those consumers that are expecting plug and play ease. 

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.