cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App forever installing - Cannot update/install any other apps!!

roundtyger
Level 3

I cannot uninstall this app, and it seems to be installing forever. I am not sure how to fix this problem. I cannot update any of my apps, nor I can install any apps. Also, I can't cancel the installation or I just don't know how.

I've tried shutting it down and turning my Quest 2 on, and rebooting it. It doesn't do anything. PLEASE HELP!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand that you are having issues with apps stuck on install. Kindly follow the steps below:

Try a Hard Reboot:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Boot Device and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If that has no effect on the issue, then please perform a factory reset:

2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Note:

• Make sure that your Oculus Quest is fully charged when you perform the factory reset.
  • The factory reset will remove all data. Your apps from the Oculus Store can be downloaded again afterward. However, if you have transferred any personal files from your computer to your headset, they will be permanently removed.
  • If you would like to backup any personal files from your Oculus Quest before the factory reset, please click here for instructions on how to transfer files to and from your Oculus Quest and your computer.

Please let us know how it goes or if you need further assistance on this.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand that you are having issues with apps stuck on install. Kindly follow the steps below:

Try a Hard Reboot:

3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Boot Device and press the power button.

If that has no effect on the issue, then please perform a factory reset:

3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.

Note:

• Make sure that your Oculus Quest is fully charged when you perform the factory reset.
  • The factory reset will remove all data. Your apps from the Oculus Store can be downloaded again afterward. However, if you have transferred any personal files from your computer to your headset, they will be permanently removed.
  • If you would like to backup any personal files from your Oculus Quest before the factory reset, please click here for instructions on how to transfer files to and from your Oculus Quest and your computer.

Please let us know how it goes or if you need further assistance on this.

Fixed! Thanks.

THELL8
Level 2

Just fixed on my account.  Use voice command to run game/app that's stuck should give you the option to update say yes then stop. Then you can start the update again and should be all good. 

Factory reset or the other one?

Hi there, most people have noticed that the factory reset solves the issue! If that doesn't work please submit a support ticket here.

Will all my stuff be deleted if I do that I’m scared to lose everything

Hey there, the factory reset will remove all data. Your apps from the Oculus Store can be downloaded again afterward. However, if you have transferred any personal files from your computer to your headset, they will be permanently removed. If you would like to backup any personal files from your Oculus Quest before the factory reset, please click here for instructions on how to transfer files to and from your Oculus Quest and your computer. Please let us know how it goes or if you need further assistance with this.

This doesn't work for me. It'll say "Okay, opening (game).", and the menu will close, as if nothing happened.