cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App keeps downloading and not installing

PolyMad
Protege

I'm trying to install Walking Dead on pc. 

It downloaded all, many times disconnected and restarted.

Finally, it managed to download all and it said that the Antivirus blocked the installation.
Problem is, I didn't see any warning from the antivirus (Avast).

In general, it seems that the download management is very poor, wiping out all the temporary files in case of connection problem.
This REALLY needs some work.

I downloaded Alyx from Steam and had no problem despite many, many, MANY interruptions and restarts.

Fix it please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! Thank you all so much for bringing this issue to our community forum. We want to first apologize for the poor download experience you both have had. It seems like this is a common problem for a number of Oculus users and we are actively looking into it. It appears to occur with the same games across the board as well. Please know that we are keeping track of all of these reports and are looking for a solution.

We'd also like to add that if you have any suggestions for how we can improve, please visit this link here and let your voice be heard! We always want to deliver the best for our customers. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bigsloppyjohnson
Honored Guest

Also experiencing an issue similar to yours with walking dead saints and sinner, Download gets to a certain point and just restarts, have you found any solutions to the problem? if not hopefully this issue is brought to light as it seems we are not the only ones.

No: I recently tried to download Asgards Wrath and the same story: holds up for some gigabytes but then it resets.

It's quite bad that at Oculus they can't set up a decent server with a decent resume function.
These things are in place and functional on internet since at least 10 years, no need to reinvent the wheel: just install a decent FTP server.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! Thank you all so much for bringing this issue to our community forum. We want to first apologize for the poor download experience you both have had. It seems like this is a common problem for a number of Oculus users and we are actively looking into it. It appears to occur with the same games across the board as well. Please know that we are keeping track of all of these reports and are looking for a solution.

We'd also like to add that if you have any suggestions for how we can improve, please visit this link here and let your voice be heard! We always want to deliver the best for our customers. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!