cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App sharing not working

violette_rou
Honored Guest

Hello! I recently bought an oculus quest 2 because my boyfriend has one and we wanted to enjoy it together! He made him the admin on my account so we could app share the games that allow it (walkabout mini golf, eleven table tennis, etc.) For the first 5-6 days it worked great! i had all the shareable apps he had, my oculus ran great and i loved playing it! 

Then, a new sharable app came out called Contractors. He bought the game and double checked that it was indeed shareable, yet it wasn't showing up in my library anywhere. We assumed that maybe it just wasn't actually shareable. But them another game called ForeVR Bowl came out and that it was shareable and people we know have no issues with it either.  But it wasn't showing up in my library. Even when I went to the oculus store, it would say the price, and then tell me it was shared with me. 

We tried turning the oculus on and off, deleting my account off the device add re-adding  it. We turned app sharing on and off, bluetooth on and off, and everything else we could think of. But nothing worked. As a last resort, we factory reset my headset to start new and redo the app sharing to see if it would work like it did the first time. But it didn't. Even now, when i go into the oculus store, it tells me that the games are in my library, but when i filter my shared apps and look through all my apps, they aren't there. 

The only game that shows "Free" with the price crossed out, is Walkabout mini-golf, that also says its in my library, but still no where to he seen. 

PLEASE HELP!
36 REPLIES 36

Beeman_Dev
Protege

v28 needs to be reissued as v30 and v29 removed from service. 

1) App Sharing works on 2 of my 3 sub-accounts still. Creating new accounts worked in past but not this time.
2) Uninstalling apps (via settings/storage) removes apk but leaves obb files
3) Removing a sub-account removes ALL .obb files from system breaking all games for remaining accounts that use .obb files.

You can add multi-accounts to multiple headsets but only enable app-sharing on one, however app-sharing seems to stop working if you have accounts on another headset, even if app-sharing is only enabled in one. They really ought to employ some testers, rather than using the public, not very pro.

It’s only my husband and I - and there isn’t app sharing or accounts set up on the main headset. Just the secondary one which we bought for him. 

I previously tested app sharing on my main but then completely removed the account and turned off app sharing. 

could that be why? I don’t really want to factory reset both headsets. Or do you think I should?

You can try it, but for me it doesnt fix the bug. I still have this issue. I try factory reset, add a new secondary Account and other things, nothing fixed the bug. 

Yeah, but the App sharing works for me with two different quests even when the v29 Update came out, but since 5 days i have this bug. And this bug came from nothing, we didnt change anything and also Add no new sub Account

dustinosity
Explorer

I'm having the exact same problem. Started happening right after my update to v29. My secondary account is also still showing the old system UI from before the v29 update. 

In my case the problem startet, when I bought the package with Walkabout Minigolf and Mini Motor Racing. I noticed, that the new Apps where Not shown in the secondary account. Then I turned app sharing off and on again. After that, non of the shared Apps where shown in the secondary account. 

dustinosity
Explorer

still not working for me 😞

I got an answer from the oculus Support team:

"... 
On behalf of Oculus Support, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you. I humbly admit that this is currently a known issue on our end and that our team is still currently working on this.

Rest assured that I will provide you with an update once this gets cleared out. I will be here for you throughout and will put this ticket on Hold while we fix this issue.  .... "

They know the issue and they are working on it.

Now we need a little bit patience. 

Blessing 🙏🏻

Shir-Khan
Explorer

I got a new answer from the support:

"I hope this email finds you well.

Good news! I was able to reach out to a different level of support regarding this matter. This issue should be fixed in a future software update. This does not necessarily mean in v.30, but perhaps a soft update or quick fix during the v.29 version.

Also, I humbly admit that I will not be able to provide you an estimated time to when this will be. Rest assured that once you are prompt to update the headset in anyway, this should fix it.

Thank you as well for bringing this to our attention. If you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out back to me."

I hope they solve the problem soon.