cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App stuck on syncing, have to perform factory reset to access it again

SergerCZ
Honored Guest

Hello, I have Oculust Quest 2. I have encountered the "sync issue" - after turning the headset on, my app is stuck on syncing and does not offer the option to open. When you select details from the dot menu, it shows a loading icon. This just goes on indefinitelly... I tried different solutions (reinstalling the app, restarting, reinstalling my phone app...) and the only way I managed to make it work again was by performing a factory reset of the headset. Now it happedned again a few days later and the idea of having to factory reset over and over again just to access an app is frustrating.
I was searching the internet and it seems that this issue is around for quite some time now, at least a year, and that this is happening with various apps so it is rather a general Quest problem than a problem of the specific apps. I wonder if there are any better solutions to the problem or if Meta is working on a way to fix this to keep it from happening. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We can definitely help out with your syncing issue. We know that factory resetting each time is not ideal! 

We'd like to direct you to a private message so we can do some deep diving into the issue. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here

Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

"You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

We encourage you to reach out to us privately at our Meta Quest support page, so that we can get a better understand of you issue. 

We're happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Have done so.