cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authmodule invalid device scoped access token

skimiboi
Explorer

I logged into my non-admin profile on my family shared Quest 2 to find none of my games show up and when I try going to a destination in explore, it says “Authmodule invalid device scoped access token” Anyway to fix this?

12 REPLIES 12

skimiboi
Explorer

Also I don’t have the device connected to my phone

Hey there skimiboi, it's inconvenient when your applications decide to play hide and seek, but we'd be happy to lend our eyes for the search and rescue! First, we would advise clearing the Oculus application cache on your phone, then the Bluetooth cache. You can follow these steps to find the data caches you'll need to delete:

1. Go to the phone’s settings
  2. Go to the Application Manager
  3. Select the application
  4. Click “Force Stop”
  5. Clear the cache
  6. Restart the phone

After you've cleared both data caches, open your Oculus mobile companion app, sign in, and then pair it to your Quest 2! If you still need assistance after following these steps, You can contact our Support team directly, or send us a private message. Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Bigdog89
Honored Guest

Hi Skimiboi and to anyone to has this issue

What i have found puts the oculus back to normal is that if you load any game through your phone then it should bring it back to life and everything should come back.

I do not know if this a permanent fix but it works to get all my games and other apps back

Hope this will help anyone with this issue 🙂

OwlPharaoh22
Honored Guest

I just had the same problem. I had to go to my Bluetooth and forget the Oculus Quest 2, and then go into the oculus app and press devices and connect again from there. Mine started working again after I did that.

Can’t do that on an iPhone…

I have tried that also, my app doesn’t even show the device as being online when I go to devices.

Mickdv
Honored Guest

YES I ALSO WANT TO KNOW THIS I BOUGHT THIS **bleep**ING HEADSET FOR 350 BUCKS SO WHY THE **bleep** DO I NEED ACCES TOKENS FIX THIS BULL **bleep**

What if I dont have access to the phone that the apps are on right now?

Hey there, SmuggAlley! That's quite the pickle you seem to be stuck in. We do want do advise if you do not have access to the mobile device currently paired, you can pair a different one as long as it is the admin account on the headset. 

With that being said, if this option is also unavailable, we suggest testing a factory reset on the headset with the below steps:

• Turn off your headset.
  • Hold the power and volume down (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory reset and press the power button.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Performing a factory reset will delete all headset content, and in-game data, to be started up as if brand new. Purchases previously made will still be linked to your Oculus account.

In regards to your in-game data. We do have an Oculus Cloud which developers can choose to opt-in and out of anytime. The developers can also choose exactly what they would like to be uploaded to the Cloud.

To find which of your downloaded apps are supported by Cloud Backup, as well as the last backup time and backup size:

1. Go to Oculus.com on a computer.
  2. Click your profile picture in the top right.
    • If you don’t see your profile picture, you can either make the window larger, or click the character icon in the top right to sign in.
  3. Click Devices.
  4. From the left menu, click Cloud Backup.
  5. Use the search field to filter for any specific application, or scroll through the table to view which of your applications have Cloud Backup enabled.

Let us know how that works out for you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!