cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE: Locked out from hundreds of dollars of software purchases on the Rift store!

deucemckenzie
Level 2

I'm getting the sense the days of Oculus properly supporting PCVR through the Rift store are over.

I've been bought into the Oculus platform since the early days of the Rift CV1 and as a result own hundreds of dollars of software through the native platform store. I recently upgraded to a new PC that should have me well clear of the requirements (11900k/3090) and I can't get most of my software (including the Oculus home environment!) to run via Quest 2/Link. After almost three weeks of back and forth with support, and getting multiple repeat checklists the support team seems to have stopped responding to me.

Here is the kicker: the headset works perfectly through SteamVR or OpenXR apps. Do I need to rebuy my software on these external platforms? I feel so duped to have spent all of this money in Oculus walled garden when I can't make use of my purchases. Is the Rift platform dead?

4 REPLIES 4

Superman217
Level 5

You should be able to just log back in to the Rift software with the same log in and all of your games should be there. I'm a CV1 owner as well (I also have the Quest and Quest 2) and I updated my PC a while ago and I just installed the Rift software and all of my stuff was there.  You just need to know your info that you use to log in with.  If you forgot that, just go back to your saved emails.  I hope this helps.

Oculus Rift CV1 (7 Jan 2016), Quest 1 (Oct 2019)
Ryzen 9 3900X | MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus | G.Skill Trident Neo 32GB DDR4 3600 RGB | EVGA RTX  2070 Black Edition

Same here, I just got a new rig with 10900K/3090 and reinstalled the Oculus app and connected my CV1. Logging in using my Oculus account everything was there. I have not merged my Oculus account with a Facebook account.

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

deucemckenzie
Level 2

I appreciate the replies, but login isn't my issue. I am properly logged into my account, the apps will not load properly when I try to launch them.

Have you tested if the CV1 still works? If it does, at least your issue would be limited to the Quest 2.

Using super sampling 2.0 I greatly prefer CV1 for many games - even compared to the Valve Index. More info here: 

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Rift-S-and-Rift/The-quot-Why-I-Still-Love-My-Oculus-Rift-CV1-H...

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"