cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat Saber Freeze

SteveDaed
Level 2

Hello, yesterdaybi received my Oculus Quest 2. I bought the Game Beat Saber. It looks awesome BUT everytime I start a Play the Game freezes. 

i don’t know what to do. My Oculus has the latest update. 

Any Ideas? 

5 REPLIES 5

OculusSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, SteveDaed. We understand that you're having a issues launching Beat Saber. This isn't something we like to hear and we'll assist you to resolve this issue as quickly as possible and get you back to beating on some sick beats. 

The first thing we can try is uninstalling and reinstalling Beat Saber.  

The next thing we can try is restarting your headset. Here are two easy steps on how to do so:

1. With your headset on and powered on, press and hold the power button on the right side of your headset until you see the Power off screen.

2. Select Restart. Your headset will turn off and then turn back on.

The last and final step we have is to perform a factory reset. We do consider this as a last resort since it's irreversible and will remove all account information, downloaded games, and content from the headset. There's no need to worry about your already purchased content because we offer Cloud back up

If the issue persists please feel free to reach out here, PM, or on our Support site.

repoochsoj
Level 2

Hello.  I just got a new Oculus Quest 2 today and have the same issue with Beat Saber freezing whenever I try to play a song.  Sometimes right at the beginning, sometimes midway but it never gets to the end.  I've tried restarting the the device and reinstalling Beat Saber.  I don't know if it's an issue with the device or the game.

Update: I later tried without using my bluetooth headset, but a wired headset instead, and the game did not freeze anymore.

Yes this worked for me as well. Not sure if this was intentional on the developer's end. You would think they would just have a "Bluetooth Audio Source Not Recommended" disclaimer.

I thought about it after, but Bluetooth usually comes with different degrees of lag. Even the smallest amount would mess up the experience on a rhythm game. 

md_nowaf
Level 2

I have same problem i brought it yesterday night🙂and the oqculus quest 2 i brought 26 jun🙂

sewcrazzd
Level 2

My game keeps freezing as well but I’m not using anything Bluetooth.