cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat Saber add-ons not sharing on Quest 2

ColoXtine
Explorer

My husband and I have separate accounts and one Oculus Quest 2. I was able to play Beat Saber we purchased on his account using mine. I just bought a music pack add-on with his account. I went into mine and it's asking me to buy it again. I don't understand why I can play the game but not the add-on. It's a family Oculus and if I want to have my own account to track my own progress outside my husband I should be able to. It's not like we can play the same game together since it's the same Oculus. 

162 REPLIES 162

lolordan
Honored Guest

We have the same issue and they obviously haven't made it clear enough if so many are experiencing the same confusion. Its a false economy to make it non-sharable because like others, I will not be purchasing any additional packs now that I know we can't both use them

I too bought the quest 2 as a firness device for my wife and I to share. I researched that you could set up user profiles and share games purchased from the main account. So this was very frustrating to discover that dlc song packs do not work in this way. Luckily i only ourchased a single song so far, and wont be buying any more untill this is resolved.

Bobbors
Explorer

I feel scammed! I never would have bought this If we could not share the music packs! I definitely won’t be buying anymore unless they make them shareable!!!

Ziodei
Honored Guest

Completely unacceptable. Same as others, single Quest 2 in the household, bought a music pack and now have to let others use my profile or fork out twice. Are we supposed to be happy you don't charge us twice for the game on the same device as well?

Prometheus1962
Explorer

I'm having the exact same problem. It's disgusting how many games have this issue, but with Beat Saber it's every music pack that has to be bought twice, three times or even four times or more for the same family headset! Shame on everyone involved in this Beat Saber scam.

zenware
Honored Guest

Not that it's at risk of dying but I would like to prod this issue to keep it alive, and because my wife and I ran into the same thing just now. Of note, I cannot find a public comment about this from the beat-saber team anywhere. I would very much appreciate some publicly available notice or roadmap provided by the team indicating whether they're going to work on this or not. When would also be nice, but I understand the need to avoid commitments to a timeline when solving software challenges of this kind.

You are correct. This has been an ongoing issue and oculus has done nothing except ignore it. I called them about it two months ago and they referred me to this page saying that "customer issues are very important to them" and was assuted someone from oculus would respond on here. It's been crickets from them ever since. What do you expect from FB though.... Lesson learned. 

I’ve probably seen five dozen responses to this thread, but not a single one from Oculus. I can’t believe it to be honest… No regard for customer service satisfaction or anything of the like. It’s almost like they want people to be pissed off.

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. But then again, I'm the only one generally using my Quest 2. There's only one account on it, so account sharing isn't an issue. I can see why others would consider this a problem though. And yeah, it kind of is annoying. Then again, it's also nothing new to me. If I buy a game on Xbox's digital store, it's available to all accounts on my console. However any DLC being available on those other accounts is a case by case situation. Some games will share the DLC to all accounts on the console. Others don't, so you'd have to buy the game and DLC a 2nd time for the additional accounts.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

Think of it this way. Even though you only have one oculus, let's say you had multiple family members. On an Xbox or other console you can have multiple accounts and put your game in, and anyone can play it on that console. Not so with the oculus. You can only share to ONE other account, yet have up to 4 accounts on one headset. So out of 4 family members for one headset, you could still only share games with one person. Not only that, bit ONLY the app is sharable. The music packs are not. So games like beatsaber, you literally have to pay for each "level" individually. This is a huge problem for families. Especially considering the costs of these units/games. Oculus doesn't give a rat's arse about customer service. 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?