cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beat Saber stuttering Oculus Quest 2

TheDarkSpock
Honored Guest

Hey

I just purchased an Oculus Quest 2, almost exclusively to play Beat Saber natively on the device. I've played the game for maybe an hour so far and have been experiencing some inconsistent stutters. Is this normal? Stuttering in this kind of game makes it difficult to fully enjoy. I am not using headphones or Bluetooth while playing. 

Some songs almost seem to be worse than others though, such as a couple I downloaded as DLC. Trying to decide if I should request a refund, or if there is something I can try first to improve the performance. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We understand how discouraging a pesky stutter can be, especially when you're in the middle of gaming. We'd like to do what we can to help! Please try uninstalling, then re-installing the app. If that doesn't seem to do the trick, please try performing a headset reboot. 

To reboot your headset:

1. With your headset on, hold the power button on the right side of your headset down until you're prompted with a shut-down screen.
  2. Select Restart to reboot your Quest 2 or Quest.

Please let us know if those steps resolved the issue!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello

I have rebooted the headset twice and have deleted and reinstalled the app and the stuttering is still continuing. These steps unfortunately have not resolved my issues. 

Hi @TheDarkSpock, we're sorry to see this issue still persists. We want to do everything we can to get this corrected for you. 

If you are using any mods, this can significantly influence performance of the game on your device. This stutter can also be caused by a low battery, so you can try charging your headset fully and then checking for the issue.

If these recommendations do not help or apply, please submit a support ticket with our team. We'll be happy to look into this deeper for you. 😊🙏

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

@TheDarkSpock  Try going into your Q2 settings, experimental, and disable 120Hz refresh.  Also check your controller settings are set to 50 or 60Hz depending on your household power specs (eg. 110v/60Hz, 220v/50Hz) and do a restart after that.

Other things that can cause stuttering and/or controller jerkiness are low battery levels, poor room lighting, reflective surfaces, and being too close to a sunlit window.

You may also want to do a little google research on this problem to see if you can sort this out yourself.  Otherwise, contact Oculus Support and start a ticket I guess.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers