cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen with a white or orange light on an HP Omen.

trusktr
Honored Guest
I wish the Oculus would work on the HP Omen I just got. The app shows everything is "OK", everything connected, controllers on "Standby" ready to go. But nothing ever comes onto the screen.
3 REPLIES 3

trusktr
Honored Guest
The device is in the Public Test Channel, firmware version 708/34a904e8da.

trusktr
Honored Guest
dmlvbpclwcbq.png

francescmas
Explorer

Dear all:

I wish this can help you ! This is a possible solution.

THE PROBLEM:

The Oculus Rift goes black after some time (from 1 to 15 minutes working perfectly) while RIFT audio keeps working. NO ERROR MESSAGE, and Oculus application keeps thinking everything Is all right…

• It’s not a matter of low power on USB 3.0
  • It’s not a matter of bad drivers for NVIDIA
  • It’s not a matter of bad Oculus Rift software installation
  • It’s not a matter of bad Windows setup (sleeping USB ports, neither controlling USB power).

THE CAUSE:

Some laptops have a problem with their integrated HDMI output, due to “I DON’T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT” related with direct connection to NVIDIA… and bla bla bla…

THE SOLUTION:

DON’T USE LAPTOP INTERNAL HDMI.

BUY an adaptor from Mini displayport to HDMI (always supposing the laptop has a mini displayport), BUT it’s not valid any adaptor. I had 2 adaptors… both could output 4K, but couldn’t output 4K at 60fps !!!

So BUY AN EXTERNAL CONVERTER FROM MINI DISPLAYPORT TO HDMI 2.0, 4K 60fps.  (COST: about 9€)

The one that worked for me is the ICZI Adaptor Mini Displayport to HDMI (Thunderbolt 2) which is an HDMI 2.0 output and offers 3840x2160 60fps output.

(Spanish direct Amazon link: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01FSCG91S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )

I’ve been testing for hours this morning and works perfectly!!! So happy to solve this problem that annoyed me for several days. And happy to help others !!