cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry vision on Oculus Rift

cloudluc
Honored Guest
Hi guys, some doubts about the functioning of Oculus. I see everything quite blurry on it (menu, quill, medium, whatever) even on the samsung gear vr with a samsung s7. was seeing much much better than with my O. Rift. Mine its brand new, and my computer has enought power to run it, its a vrready msi i7 with a nvidia 1070..
Anyway when i get into Quill its even hard to read the menus, or even that explaning message that is shown with the function of the buttons.. I always thought that it would be as clear as the videos i was seeing (also on the computer is been seen ok, just with the glasses you can see that blurry effect, so im quite dissapointed with the bought 

Maybe im doing something wrong with the config? i just downloaded the latest drivers for the nvidia/oculus etc..

Did it happened to you? how did yo u fix it?

br!
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the exact same problems too. Please someone tell us how to fix.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

I am having the exact same problems too. Please someone tell us how to fix.

I don't know that you have a problem.  If you've gone through the IPD setup and it's correct, and you're not doing something like not wearing glasses when you need them...Then you're probably not seeing a blurry picture, you're just seeing the effects of having a 1080p screen spread across a huge distance resulting in large pixels and you're expecting it to look like a 4k screen over covering a small view like on a monitor.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Besides wearing glasses (if you need them, and avoid bifocals btw) and making sure you have set the ipd slider correctly, you might try using the oculus tray tool (google for this).  This tool will allow you to use super sampling which can help smooth pixels and make your pics a little clearer.  The stock setting is 1.0 so try to increase this a little at a time.  If you increase it too much your frame rates will suffer.  With my so-so system (i7, gtx1060) I am able to increase this to 1.3.  With your higher spec gtx1070 you may be able to increase this to 1.4-1.5.  This does not help all apps but it’s worth a try imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers