cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Quest 2 - Damaged screen

celozzip
Honored Guest

Hi everyone, I just recieved my Quest 2 from Amazon (seemed to arrive unharmed), put the siilcone cover on, took off the little plastic bits on the lenses and I'm greeted with a horrible thick band of corrupted vertical lines only through the left lens and bright horizontal bands when i look through the right.

Left ShutdownLeft ShutdownLeft startupLeft startupRight ShutdownRight Shutdown

I actually still have my old DK2 here and I know the lenses used to pop out but I don't think we can get the lenses off the Quest 2 to inspect the screen so I'll assume it's just cracked in some way unless you have a fix.

Anyway I haven't gone through setup yet as I don't want to make the return process any more difficult by claiming it to my account like I want to use it. I want to send it back and get a replacement ASAP - I am off work next week so I was looking forward to using it but I guess that's not happening now. So far it seems like I need to set up a Facebook account just to start the returns process or should I just go through Amazon?

Any advice welcome please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Choleni
MVP
MVP

No, you don't need Facebook.
Amazon is your seller, so just contact them.
With Amazon it's easy and fast to get replacement.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

celozzip
Honored Guest

Now I've found that the serial number on the box is different to the one in the headset, is this right or proof of some kind of tampering? The box was plastic sealed though.

Headset MenuHeadset MenuOuter BoxOuter Box

Choleni
MVP
MVP

No, you don't need Facebook.
Amazon is your seller, so just contact them.
With Amazon it's easy and fast to get replacement.

Hey there! We'd be happy to clarify this concern for you.

The box will have a different serial number than the headset. Each part of the device has different serial number for replacement reasons.

As for the screen issue, we suggest that you reach out to Support HERE for that one on one attention and see what options are available to you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!