cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast in Oculus Home crashes Oculus software and more

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey! Whenever I try to broadcast something on a screen (special item) in Home the view in Oculus Rift freezes and Oculus restarts. At the same time my monitor goes black until Oculus has restarted. Also, any Chrome browser windows are 'not responding' and will need to be killed to use Chrome again.
I have an Acer ET430K 4K monitor at 3840x2160, with Geforce GTX 1080. In Nvidia panel I see another monitor 'VR-DESKTOP' that is set to the same resolution and I cannot change it. I have no problem viewing Oculus Desktop, just trying to broadcast it in Oculus Home crashes pretty much everything. I'm on the latest Nvidia drivers and the latest Oculus update. Everything else in Oculus Rift works nicely. Any help available? 
12 REPLIES 12

SorenMC
Honored Guest
Yeah been having that issue as well.

DankMemeious
Honored Guest
Hello! I'm not from Oculus, but I do know that I have the same problem, because this software that includes this feature (Rift Core Beta 2.0) is still in development and the problem is known by Oculus. It should be resolved soon. Hope this helps!

Mazda_Ron
Expert Protege
same issue, tried all that I can, doesn't matter what resolution or refresh rate the standard monitor is running, nothing seems to fix it and it messes up the whole pc ( cant open and close icons so presume it bugs out the video driver ) I have to restart to get back to normal.

coope1999
Honored Guest
Exact same problem! I hope this is sorted soon as it's now the middle of November.

coope1999
Honored Guest
This is now working for me since 3 days. I did nothing to fix my problem that I'm aware of? Maybe try it again?

Albinator93
Honored Guest
pretty much the same problem here, crashes my PC sometimes too

MSvoyager
Protege
Since the update that seems to have fixed this issue, I no longer can select any apps to broadcast. The only item that is listed, to select from for broadcasting, is Virtual Desktop. None of the other running apps like mediaplayers, browsers etc that were in the selection list before. Anyone else with the same issue? What apps are available for you to select from?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having this issue still. Repaired the Oculus program, reinstalled GPU drivers from safe mode. Not sure where else to go from here. I also can only select Virtual Desktop which immediately crashes the Oculus program. 

Albinator93
Honored Guest
Still the same problem here. Did the same as above, except that i can select more than Virtual Desktop (Firefox, Explorer) and then it crashes...