cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug

Donuts20
Honored Guest

Hey guys when I go to set up my guardian it keeps saying com.guardian.something and it keeps closing and I cant play any games and I can’t set up my guardian but I can see my Home Screen for like 2 seconds than it closes as if nothing happened, does anyone have a solution?? 

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Donuts20! This is certainly not supposed to happen, and we'd love to assist in getting your guardian to work properly! 

The below message is a copied reply from a Forum post from us on this issue. forum thread here: guardian crashes on start up

• First and foremost, try removing all previously saved guardians; this can be done by going to the settings menu> guardian> scroll down and there will be an option to remove all guardian history
  • Second, try rebooting the headset! Which can be done by holding the power button and volume down button until you are met with a boot menu; navigate the menu using the volume buttons to scroll and the power button to select the reboot option
  • A third troubleshooting step you can try is changing the tracking frequency; depending on the region where you are located the tracking frequency can be causing these guardian and tracking issues. You can change this by opening up the settings, switching to the “Device” menu then choosing between Automatic, 50 Hz, or 60 Hz. Try setting up the guardian with all three different options and see which one gives you the best results.
  • Please also try wiping down the sensors on the headset with a microfiber cloth and attempting a power cycle of the device.
  • Finally, if the above steps don't prove useful, we recommend factory resetting your headset. Steps for factory resetting your headset can be found at the link here: How to Factory Reset

If none of these steps work towards getting your guardian tracking to working properly, please consider submitting a support ticket for us to look into other options for you! Follow the link and scroll down to the bottom to submit a support ticket: https://metaque.st/Support! When submitting a support ticket, please be sure to mention all the steps you have taken so we don't try to get you to do repeated steps and to speed up the process! We hope this helps! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?