cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built-in Virtual Desktop Blank [Rift S]

1509ARL
Explorer

Not sure if anyone can solve this but when I open the Rift S's built-in virtual desktop tab all I get is a blank window and a lot of lag. I've tried restarting everything but that hasn't helped.... This also happens with apps within the Rift like virtual space but not with apps that run through Steam VR. There has also been quite a bit of lag in every app I use ever since this started.

13 REPLIES 13

UPDATE: problem is back again.  The previous solution worked that one time.  Now days later I’m back to that blank desktop window and laggy performance while the blank desktop window is open.  The proposed solution is already in place.  I tried undoing then redoing the solution but saw no improvement.

Anyone else have it go bad again after getting it to work?

theisaiahcc
Protege

https://youtu.be/H_WbAHVV7o4

This is the only solution i know of. You could try nvidia control panel, adding ovrserver exe, and changing the preferred processor to the CPU’s graphics. That didn’t work for me though. It only works for me if I used windows settings to change it. Such a stupid glitch and tons of people are experiencing it. Oculus Support went completely silent on me regarding it and won’t email me back. All i can say is set power saving for that OVRserver and restart the computer, if you’re using a laptop. Otherwise, complain to Oculus so they eventually fix this on their end.

This did nothing

yeah your problem sounds a bit different from mine. I never got any of the lag you’re talking about. (No more than usual anyhow.)