cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bundle price problem - update

BamBam_1
Level 4

Update: Thank you for now showing the price of each item in the bundle. That is a million times better and kudos whomever did it. However, it is still not giving me the bundle discount price. It is taking off just the item I paid for already. Why would I even buy it as a bundle if I am going to pay full price for each item in it anyway? That takes away my ability to return it and I am not getting any discount.

For example, I own Moss 1 which is now listed as 29.99 and Moss 2 is 39.99. The way it is set up is if I go to buy the 'bundle' it shows 29.99 off for owning the first one and that I will pay 39.99 plus tax. That's full price for both. Where is the discount?

It seems I also complained about this same issue back in Feb about the Virtual Virtual Reality 2 bundle. I ended up not buying the bundle nor the second game because of the confusion about price. bundle: https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Oculus-Quest-2-and-Quest/Confused-about-package-sale-Virtual-Virtual-...

Thank you

Previous comments below: 

I've noticed this problem the last few times I've looked at a bundle special for a new game/old game pairing. Since I own the copy of the first game, I am supposed to get that discounted in the final price like with any bundle but it doesn't do it.

For example, today I looked at the Moss 1 and 2 bundle. I own Moss 1 but it is telling me it will cost 39.99 plus tax to complete the bundle. That is full price of the bundle. If it is going to discount it, it needs to tell me how much it is going to cost before I hit pay  - especially since bundles are not refundable. Does it discount it AFTER you put in your pin and pay for it? What's going on here?

This issue made me skip buying the last 2 series bundles. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Parallax_II
Level 2

I had this same problem with owning Moss and then getting no bundle discount for Moss 2 when it said it would deduct the original game's price.  I contacted oculus help via chat and they said it looks like there is a problem with the system and gave me $15 credit to use towards the bundle.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MotsDits
Level 2

Thanks for having taken the time to post this. The fact people who got the first game do no get any discount on the new release is driving me mad. In the end, it makes us pay more than « new » users for a content that we started supporting earlier, it is so frustrating ! As you said, there was the same issue with Virtual Virtual Reality 2 and I also remember it happened when The Climb 2 was released. I think (but that is still to be confirmed) both of these games now appear with a discount when they are available as a bundle and you already own the first game included in these bundles, so if I am not wrong let’s hope the Oculus Store will soon offer a discount for the Moss bundle too… As far as I am concerned I will never buy Moss 2 at its full price - it would feel very unfair. 

I am glad you posted and I am not the only one who noticed this because I wasn't exactly sure I was seeing it correctly. It's really weird that they seemed to have overlooked this issue. I am thinking it is a flaw in the software somehow. 

That's a great point how about we supported it earlier so should at least get the same discount. It's ridiculous that we would pay full price for the second item and the first but give up our ability to return it if we wanted to.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps we bought it in another bundle or for a discount originally? I checked my orders and I don't see Moss 1 listed separately so it might have been discounted in a bundle already? (It's also annoying they don't list the items in a bundle on the orders page making one have to google what the old bundles contained.)  If so, they need to explain that on the checkout page because it is definitely confusing. 

Parallax_II
Level 2

I had this same problem with owning Moss and then getting no bundle discount for Moss 2 when it said it would deduct the original game's price.  I contacted oculus help via chat and they said it looks like there is a problem with the system and gave me $15 credit to use towards the bundle.