cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV1 Initial Setup Problem

Cagali
Honored Guest
I have recently purchased an Oculus Rift VR Headset from BestBuy. Unfortunately I have not been able to use it. I encountered a number of problems during setup but managed to fix most of them. Currently I am receiving no visual from the headset itself, and cannot progress past the initial view configuration.

Any suggestions?

Note:
I exceed the minimum requirements to run the rift
Have the Rift plugged into the correct ports
The cable TO the headset is properly seated
Have windows and all drivers up to date
Have an open support ticket with Oculus

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz
Motherboard: ROG Maximus VI Hero
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Graphics: ROG MATRIX-GTX980-P-4GD5
USB: Four USB 3.0 ports (blue)

Problems Encountered/Fixed:
-windows failing to recognize Oculus as new display
(This is intentional apparently, ok)
-windows updates KB2670838 and KB3033929 required
(I have these installed, I checked) bypassed with the 'OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck' command
-Xbox controller failing to sync
(a manual driver update with the device manager)
-No visual from the headset
-Oculus software>Settings>Devices   shows USB warning on Headset and Sensor. Recommends updating USB driver.
(I have updated to the latest package on the Asus website, no change)

8 REPLIES 8

Expediter
Expert Protege
I had issues when I set mine up and had to use USB 2.0 instead of my 3.0 because the 3.0 just did not work. I later purchased a compatable 3.0 PCI card. Try using your 2.0 ports for now and see if that helps.  

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Isn't Win 7 not supported now guys ? I am sure I saw something mentioned about this ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Cagali
Honored Guest
Just checked. Using USB 2.0 ports has not helped

sv_955
Honored Guest
Same problem with Aus Rog GX900V0. Display is not coming in Oculus

cybereality
Grand Champion
Windows 7 is still supported, but I bet it's an issue with the OS. Those 2 hotfixes are absolutely required, and there may be something wrong if those aren't being detected. I would guess that installing Windows 10 may help in this case.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

lepter
Protege

Windows 7 is still supported, but I bet it's an issue with the OS. Those 2 hotfixes are absolutely required, and there may be something wrong if those aren't being detected. I would guess that installing Windows 10 may help in this case.

well yeah.....after spending 600 on a pc with windows 7 (after your spec states it is supported) and then  600 on a rift setup, i want to spend another 200 on buying ANOTHER windows upgrade just because occulus software doesn't detect update files that are already installed, after 4 hours of windows updates.... its 1 more day away from being returned to the shop. what kind of ultra buggy software is this? and im tech savy too. just on a budget. what do these hotfixes do? 

lepter
Protege
well....maybe not 200 but its still a pain over a software glitch

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
It is a pain, but the sooner you upgrade to the latest Windows, the sooner you will have better support for your Rift (and your PC). And, as time goes on, you'll only have more issues as Windows 7 begins to phase out in favor of the newer OS's.

Plus, you can get an OEM version of Win10 Pro for $9.99 (sale is going on I suppose @Play-asia.com). Just got to burn to a DVD, or whatever your preferred method of digital install. Windows is cheap if you know where to look 😉

PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup