cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable link terrible lag

Cyberxxsss
Honored Guest

I’ve been trying to resolve this for months now, to clarify I’ve never had an issue with oculus cable link before then one day it completed busted. Terrible lag as down to 10FPS Annoying screen tearing every few seconds. And incredibly high latency, I’ve tried contacting oculus support and sadly although helpful in the past have had no suggestions that resolved this, I’ve sent another email but as stated with no resolving suggestions. I began to look deeper and found out this is an issue that occurs quite rare but often leading to the same issues as I stated. Thus wanted to ask any community members who have had this issue for any solutions to this irritating issues I’ve had to deal with for months now. I’ve tried factory resetting all my PC reinstalling windows buying a new cable with a 2.2GBPS speed, from thunderbolt 3 outlet to my headset. I’ve tried reinstalling and repairing my software, I sent back my headset to be repaired and refurbished to no avail, and have tried uninstalling all apps and games/ softwares  as-well as close all programs when starting vr. This is not a hardware issue as I’ve had a sleek and smooth 60FPS on my monitor every time  when starting games and only in the headset does this glitches appear, I do not believe it could be my cable but am unsure due to it being new and faster than old cables, and I highly doubt it could be my headset but who knows. It has been a nightmare and chore spending hours a day finding no solution so I’m please asking anyone who has info on this issues to please suggest and solution to this as it has barred me from playing pc link for months.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. That's not what we want to hear for our customers. We can only imagine what you are feeling not gaming for so long. Let's see what we can do to help.

To streamline this for you we'd like you to reach out to support HERE via chat or email with log notes for a one on one experience. We have listed the instructions below on getting log notes below:

• 1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  • 2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe * The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  • 3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  • 4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  • 5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  • 6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop.
  • 7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

We look forward to hearing from you and helping you get back to gaming.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!