cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone explain Oculus Support?

Bob_2018
Explorer
I've tried to help trouble shoot two pairs of Rift S goggles on two different HP gaming PCs or laptop.  There were obviously updates required and addressed. 

Support seems to be poorly equipped to address problems.  Is three weeks unreasonable, without a call or email?

"So, my opinion offended you?  You should have heard what I was thinking."   IBIS2
17 REPLIES 17

Richooal
Consultant
Yes.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

William382
Explorer
My honest opinion at this point is to completely wear you down and attempt to have you give up.   

Let's take my case, because I'm a selfish one.  I took my Oculus to 3 different PCs,plugged in the USB and played music, the audio sounds like complete crap...pops/scratches.  It's a bad cable.  Causing crashing.  I'm hitting fresh into week 2, already exhausted after performing meaningless task.  Setting a service  to automatic that was set to manual and catch logs.  There is NO point to set a service to automatic that is manual,  it will just not start and keep trying to start, pending on settings.  It's a complete guessing game.  NEVER the same person twice the past week with supports. My assumption is a name is just tacked onto each message, but could be wrong.

I get a response every day or every other day.  I'm curious which file I'm  going to delete and let crash and "send fresh logs".  

I'm venting.   It's a great headset, but I pray to god nobody has a legitimate hardware issue that leads them to put in a  ticket.  I feel like nobody believes me and they think I'm just trying to get a free $100 cable.

Bob_2018
Explorer

I feel your
pain. 

I've had two
Rift S for the last three weeks and I have yet to experience VR.  I hope I can
to be patient and in two weeks, when the HP Reverb G2 are available, I will
decide whether to trade up. 

Both of my
gaming computer and laptop are HP branded. 
At least the chances of incompatibility are less likely I hope.

"So, my opinion offended you?  You should have heard what I was thinking."   IBIS2

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Yeah, I've always backed their support and they had always been very satisfactory for me until recently when they seem to be happy to start helping but when their very basic, default steps don't fix the issue they just disappear.

This, combined with recent policy changes which may not have had the effect on their own, means no more Oculus headsets for me. If they don't give a shite if I can use the kit I paid for or not, then they won't get any more of my cash. Simple, really.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

William382
Explorer
Yea, I feel for both of you.  I'm very PC savvy.  I feel like I'm being treated like a fortnite kid with driver issues.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Don't be too sympathetic - I just put on my Index instead! Valve support has been awesome for me - after owning it for more than 6 months they were still quite happy to offer me a full refund if I wasn't happy with a fix they released for a common issue (vertical lines issue) with the headset. Not only that - but they said I could take my time to decide if I wanted to do that - "just reference this message"  - now that is good support!

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

William382
Explorer
I get mine in a week.  I want my cable for the defective part though.  Plus would make good co-op fun.

ZAF
Honored Guest

Bob_2018 said:

I've tried to help trouble shoot two pairs of Rift S goggles on two different HP gaming PCs or laptop.  There were obviously updates required and addressed. 

Support seems to be poorly equipped to address problems.  Is three weeks unreasonable, without a call or email?

ZAF
Honored Guest
4th RIFT. 3 CV1s All ear phones break within few months of unboxing. 1 Replaced (but not under warranty WTF)
RIFT S Purchased 27th July 2020 lost MIC 30th August 2020 - yes a month after unboxing. OCULUS products suck and support DONT CARE