cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Get New Quest 2 Set Up Need Help Now

rfxcasey
Level 3
Man, I Just got my Quest 2 and while first impression, opening the box and turning it on was good, this setup procedure is ridiculous and nowhere did I read anything that said a mobile phone or tablet was REQUIRED to set up or use this device. My phone is an older version of Android and the App store says the Oculus app does not support my OS. I mean really? It is a requirement to pair your Quest 2 to a mobile device? The setup gives no way to skip this step, so do I have to use someone else's phone to continue the setup, what does that accomplish for Oculus or Facebook? Nothing. So after doing that, the app wouldn't sign into my Oculus account. So I go to my PC and I'm logged in to my Oculus account. Not sure what the password is, so I log out, then try to log back in failing the password check several times. Oculus site tells me I'm locked out for 'some time' and to check back later but gives no time period for the login reset. Reset my password which was successful, still can't log in, says the same thing. Now I'm waiting like 15 minutes and it still won't let me log in siting spam protection. I'm like at the point where I feel I should have spent the extra money on another headset. Does someone from Oculus want to reset my login timer for me? It's been hours I've had the unit and it isn't even setup and running yet. This is ridiculous. Why does this process need to be so complicated, I've never seen anything like this.
2 REPLIES 2

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Hey there! A mobile device running iOS 10+ or Android 5.0+ is indeed required to complete setup of the Quest 2, but after setup is finished it's not required for usage of the headset and more details can be found by clicking here. As for the login issue you're experiencing, I recommend that you try clearing the cache and cookies on your browser, and also give another browser a test to see if the issue persists. If it does, click here to submit a ticket and be sure to include images of the errors you're seeing. We're happy to help!

rfxcasey
Level 3
Thanks, I eventually got it sorted.