cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add additional account on Quest - grayed out

SuperSlayer1
Level 2

We have a Quest 1 and are having issues with adding a second account. My older son is set up as the admin. He does not have a FB account (we got this before you had to have an FB account linked). My younger son wants to add his account to the headset. I let him create an FB account so he could link it, but when we go in and try to add an additional account, the link to do so is grayed out.

The only info I can find online is all about adding additional accounts for Quest 2. I submitted a ticket, but from what I've been reading I'll be lucky to actually hear back from them.

I've gone round and round on this and am super frustrated, so if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

2 REPLIES 2

temmie117
Level 2

Hey im having the same problem, did you find a way to fix it? 

Hey, guys/gals! The Quest is meant to be an experience, first and foremost; one that you'd want to share. That's why we decided to include the multi-account feature in the first place; hearing how it's not working for either of you is heart-wrenching.

It's worth noting that if you are using the same account for your Quest 1 and 2; it's set as an admin for both devices, you cannot enable multi-user and app sharing features on both devices at once. If multi-user/app sharing is already enabled on your Quest 2, we recommend disabling that feature, and enabling it on your Quest 1 instead.

temmie117, if you haven't already, we recommend opening up a ticket through our support channel as the other user did; we'll help you address the issue as quickly as we can manage!

SuperSlayer1, if you still needed help, or haven't gotten any response on your ticket, please reach out to us in a private message; we'll look into it further for you! Please click on our name to get to our profile page, then click Send a Message to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.