cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to MSFS 2020

Eagle641
Level 2

I am trying to connect to MSFS, when I turn on the headset all I get is the Oculus screen with all the apps and I  can't close it, the flight sim does not show. I watched videos and they do not mention this, when I go into VR mode on MSFS it shows left and right eye view, but the headset does not see MSFS. This was the only reason I bought the headset, it is my first try at VR. I am using an Nvida 1080 TI, & windows 10.

Thank you for any assistance

7 REPLIES 7

MaccaDishDash
Level 3

I presume you have a Quest 2 if you have only just bought the headset. Have you connected the headset to your PC with a USB3 cable (and enabled Link when prompted) or have you setup Air link for wireless connectivity?

I have the cable connected and was helped with some settings that had to be done. When I start MSFS in VR, I see a screen that wants to be centered. When I put on my headset, I can't see the PC anymore, the Oculus screen comes up with all the apps, in front of the PC. I can't do anything after this. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

MaccaDishDash
Level 3

When you say "some settings that had to be done", did one of them include enabling Oculus Link when a message popped up in the headset? When you enabled it, did the display of programs within the headset change? When you enable Link you should see the list of programs associated with your PC, rather than any you have purchased for the Quest itself.

MaccaDishDash
Level 3

And have you followed the steps in here ?

The problem is I had no idea how to set this up for MSFS, I set it up for Oculus and got to where I could play a game. When I went to hook up to the PC, I plugged the cable in and started MSFS, and clicked the VR option.

I could not see MSFS in the headset. I don't remember seeing anything about a link option, but that does not mean it was not there. I did not know about anything from the MS area you posted, The videos I watched were a great waste of time, and here I am, you are getting me on the right track and I will read the stuff on MSFS.

I hope this will fix me, the trouble with MSFS is no information, you have to go on forums to find information.

Thank you again for holding my hand through this, FYI I am turning 78 and need a lot of help.

I spent 4 hours on your forum and MSFS. And there are a lot of the same problems with no real answers I tried everything they said, I updated all my software and drivers including the registry, changed settings but it still does not work, I did get the virtual screen to come up that that was not VR. I have nothing on this computer but MSFS. The computer sees the headset, it looks like MSFS sees it because when I change to VR the options change but when it doesn't work I go back it's goes back to PC.

If I can't get this to work I will have to send it back, I can't afford to throw $400 out the window.

Eagle641
Level 2

I checked the registry file, OK, I got the lighting setup, OK. I bought the Oculus 2 cable, I updated all my software, the computer sees the Oculus 2, I set the Oculus menu options as suggested. I don't the screen that you have to center the image, When I turn the headset on I don't see anything other than a screen with apps. I start MSFS click the option for VR, start the flight, and nothing, I go back to options and it changed the VR back to PC. I can see in the headset a black & white view of the cockpit that is a view. (forgot the name.) I talk to other flyers who are using this but they could not help, everyone says it should work. I think I am missing a step or something simple, I have no problem with the apps. I just would like to fly in VR.

Thank you again for all your help