cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect using oculus link cable.

KGmadmax
Explorer

When I'm in the pc app, and connect my Oculus quest 2 with the link cable, the app closes and then opens again, and then closes again and then opens again. It keeps doing this and because of it, I cannot connect my Oculus to my pc using the cable. I have updated all drivers and software, and it still keeps doing it. I have factory reset my oculus and reinstalled all the oculus software on my pc. 

NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK, PLEASE HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KGmadmax
Explorer

I got a new cable and it fixed it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

PirateFinny
Honored Guest

I have the same issue currently. I just got my official Link cable as well and feel like it was a giant waste of money. In fact, I was only having an issue connecting to the link app and after following my support ticket advice nothing works anymore.

I wish I could help... just here to follow for solutions.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! To start, please ensure that your PC is capable of running Link - specs can be viewed by clicking here. If your computer meets requirements, ensure that the drivers needed to run Oculus are fully updated, then try disconnecting the Link cable on both ends, power cycling the Quest (turning off then back on), rebooting the Oculus software (Settings > Beta > Restart Oculus) and re-connecting the cable. Should it still fail, click here to submit a ticket and include your Oculus Diagnostics Logs. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I've tried that, didn't work.

PiranhaMoose
Explorer

Im having the exact same problem. Q2 v29 @ 120hz working fine for since i bought it 2 weeks ago. Then suddenly, when trying to enable oculus link via cable or airlink, i get a "hardware notification" "Oculus not working correctly" and goes back to home screen. Everything is green, meaning Q2 is connected to pc. Im getting 3.2Gbps throughput via link cable test.

Things i have done:

- contacted support. Sent them zip file log (per support tech, logs says everything working correctly)

- complete uninstall of oculus pc app as per instructions from support tech (disconnect internet, boot in safe mode, etc)

- double checked/disabled USB power saving mode one by one on Device Manager

- factory reset of headset

- rollback Nvidia drivers

PC specs: Ryzen 5900x, GTX 1080, MSI x570 MAG Tomahawk mobo

From browsing a lot of forums, It's seems that a lot of people are having this same issue. But there is no solution from Oculus support that i can find. They always defer to the same generic answer, "we'll get back to you in 3-5 days." smh

Ive been building/fixing pc's, networks, etc for >10 years. Dont know what else to do except get a replacement unit from Amazon.

KGmadmax
Explorer

I got a new cable and it fixed it.

florianweigert
Honored Guest

Guys! I fixed it! I tried everything and nothing worked. Then I updated my AMD chipset drivers for my AMD CPU and it instantly worked!