cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't disable ASW?

Zenoxio
Honored Guest
I'm playing Elite Dangerous.

I added the reg key and tried using Ctrl+Numpad1. No difference. I made sure Numlock is on.

I downloaded "Oculus SDK for Windows" and opened the tool, but it says ASW (4th line) is already disabled. Hitting Ctrl+Numpad4 or something like that doesn't change that value, and it's stuck at disabled.

But it's not disabled; as Elite Dangerous is running at 45FPS which seems to indicate ASW.

Any thoughts?
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I gave up on trying to run the game on rift. This whole ASW pissed me off, I had 970 and was running Elite smoothly. Now after runtime 10.2 and change of graphics card to 1070 everything jitters, deforms and looks like crap. They could at least give us the option to disable it without fiddling with regKey or developers tools etc.

Anyway I'll subscribe to this thread, maybe somebody finally find a solution. Good luck.

whitav8
Protege
I do not like ASW at all either - and I don't want to have to hit some keys to disable it. PLEASE make the DISABLE in a config file or some other very simple approach.

Zenoxio
Honored Guest
Wow BlastaMasta, that's exactly my issue yeah.

Greyman
Superstar
i'm sure i read somewhere that it has to be the left CTRL key that you need to use and daft as that might sound, it might still be worth a try.

also, have you tried disabling ASW before you start ED?  again, possibly a non-starter, but possibly worth a try, if you haven't already

WhipDiddyWhip
Explorer
ctrl + num1 disables it
ctrl + num 2 disables it and locks fps to 45
ctrl + num 3 locks fps at 45 with asw on
ctrl + num 4 resets back to auto

doesn't need reg edits or debug tool

XlordB
Adventurer

Greyman said:

i'm sure i read somewhere that it has to be the left CTRL key that you need to use and daft as that might sound, it might still be worth a try.

also, have you tried disabling ASW before you start ED?  again, possibly a non-starter, but possibly worth a try, if you haven't already

Also make sure your numlock is on sounds silly but some folks forget that.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tenkeyless keyboard...  😞

SapowiTz
Protege
I testet it with the Doom mod and works perfectly!
Just remember to first launch Oculus Home then DebugTool

Flausn
Expert Protege

SapowiTz said:

I testet it with the Doom mod and works perfectly!
Just remember to first launch Oculus Home then DebugTool

?