cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find Family/Friends on Facebook who have Oculus

OMMBoy
Explorer
Hi, new Oculus Quest 2 user and total noob to VR here! I just received a Quest 2 for Christmas. During the setup process, I was shown a list of friends/family on Facebook who are also Oculus users. I didn't immediately add anyone, thinking I would go back and add them later. Now that I'm ready to add them, I can't find the list of users who have an Oculus. At the "Social" tab (within the Quest 2 and on the smartphone app), I am only presented with an "add user" icon which, when clicked, displays a search field. I'm a Mac user, so there's no way for me to use the PC app.
How can I view the list of family/friends who are also Oculus users?
vqdenu4y95qf.png
6 REPLIES 6

PixieTheBandit
Honored Guest
I'm having the same problem. I cant figure it out. ?

John-J
Honored Guest
I have the same issue. I have messaged oculus support but had no reply in over a week.

Gjd5150
Honored Guest
Heard back from customer support on this, since I was having the same issue. 

Their response " That list only shows up during the setup.  After that, you have to add your friends individually."
I appreciate the answer from them,  but think that its dumb to do it that way.  you get a new vr headset and want to play not invite friends, it could wait how hard is it to populate a list in the friends menu.         

OMMBoy
Explorer
"That list only shows up during the setup.  After that, you have to add your friends individually."       

Well, that is lame.
think that
its dumb to do it that way.  you get a new vr headset and want to play
not invite friends, it could wait how hard is it to populate a list in
the friends menu.         

I agree 100%! They should've at least provided the option of adding
family and friends later on. It should be an easy fix for a future
update.

SevNYC
Honored Guest

Not being able to FIND friends after the 30-day trial period is a HUGE miss! Oculus Developers: please get your act together. Very bad UX design mistake. 

Colorado_Guy
Honored Guest

Same issue here.  It's not much fun if you can't find your friends that also have a Quest.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?