cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find "Phone Notification" option to enable Android notifications in V34 update

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

I have upgraded to V34 and wanted to try out the Android phone notifications on my Quest. You're supposed to initiate the feature by going to the mobile app, under "devices" and enable the "Phone Notifications" option there. My mobile app does not have "phone notifications" under "devices"... just:

wi-fi

controllers

developer mode

[etc]

... am I looking in the right place? I believe I'm on the most recent app version - there no update option in the play store. Any ideas? Maybe the feature isnt available yet for my Galaxy S21?

280 REPLIES 280

bettodiaz
Honored Guest

Hello all!

After checking this post, I tried the proposed solution and it worked!

Just to be sure, I deleted the Oculus apps storage, and then uninstalled it.

Then, I installed again and then the Phone Notifications appeared.

Done in a Samsung Galaxy S21

Thats good to know! 

I have a samsung as well, and it worked, and I were the person that wrote the solution earlier. I just tried some logic things that I thought would work and it did.

Happy to help!

@kevinwarhaftSame phone as me, try the steps I told you! It should work as it did for me.

@borisivan Not sure about how it looks on pixel, you should still find "notifications access" in settings for apps then show special permissions or something, but I don't know it may be unavailable for you. If you're still having problems I really apologize, but I'm not sure I can help you any further...

Never had this problem... sorry but I have no clue....

stephanieraymos
Honored Guest

I’m having the same issue, and it’s been a RIDE trying to get this to work. First time I connected it just wasn’t sending notifications. I gave up and now 2 weeks later tried again. 
I went to Bluetooth on my phone and I didn’t have the “I” icon to forget the device and try to repair.

I went to devices in the headset, then to Bluetooth and forgot my phone from there, reset my phone and the headset. Then repaired successfully. The “I” was there this time but there was no options inside other than forget this device. Notifications not working at this point either. I forgot the device on my phone, repaired again, still nothing. Lather rinse and repeat variations of the above steps for over an hour and still nothing. Why is this so difficult lol. 

iphone user here btw. 

I have followed ALL posible steps and nothing worked.
I get the notification button but when i click it it gets stuck loading.
I have give all the permisions, activated GPS and bluetooth, pared the headset, reinstalled the app and clear data but nothing works.

It's been like this for more than half a year. I don't understand how the app can get so bad support. It's horrible honestly. Please fix it

Hi Carloskhard! We're so sorry to hear you've been having this notification issue for so long. We know how frustrating that must be for you, and that is not the experience we want for our users.

Since you have done all the troubleshooting steps you could do to try and resolve this issue, we want to encourage you to send in a bug report. This will allow our engineers to take a closer look at what could be causing this issue and hopefully provide a solution for you. Thank you for sharing your experience with the community. We always appreciate the feedback, good or bad. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey, it's been MORE THAN A YEAR!!!! And the same problem is still present. I have try different phones, deleting data, refactoring the headset...  This is embarassing. I can't believe a millonaire company can't solve stuff as simple as this in a whole year!

have a iphone 15 pro max and the phone notification option is not showing up either have uninstall and reinstall even have done a factor reset.